outdoors in the northeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outdoors in the northeast

So I was thinking of trying like 2 plants outside in some totes. no real good in ground spot away from poison ivy. couple first timer questions.. in this area, southern MA whats a good time to go outside? and would you start outside by seed or how big before bringing out? thanks
    If you get confused....listen to the music play

I'm just to the south of you. Last year I put out mine in early May. Just gotta make sure we're well past frost.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks, do you start inside?

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Started in a greenhouse

North of you. I have found that by the time the natural light drops below 12/12, it is late in the season, getting cold and damp at night. This resulted in a non-stop battle with mold and bud rot. Some of the plants didn't finish due to this, then they were on their way to the big freezer. Some were so bad that I actually destroyed them with a weed burner (pun resulted). I am going to try autos this year outside, maybe several rounds. The rest will be indoors. For outdoors, having them in pots and being mobile is a big plus.
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 07-16-2022, 07:06 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I'm here in Ct. I start mine inside. Get them out for good around the third week of May. I'm starting my photos this week. I'll start a few autos when these go outside.

Comment

cool , i have 2 cheese seeds, ill drop em tonight have stuff veggin and give it a try
        If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep. Same here. Tomatoes and peppers already popped.

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, thought you meant veggies.

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a bunch of veggies and flowers started in the green house. About to drop a couple photo and auto seeds too.

Hey what’s going on everyone, first time grower, I’m a little south of boston. I was told 5 of my girls were autos (germed on may 18th) and there clearly not so I’m in it for the long haul. I water every other day and feed every other watering and keep my ph at 6.5. I’m using cutting edge solutions for nutes and Coast of Maine for soil

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a greenhouse? And any advice anyone whos successfully grown outdoors would be greatly appreciated
        Attached Files

Comment

Old thread, ya get them off that rock, it holds and reflects heat.
          The view out my window,

Comment

Here’s a little update. I think I got em just right. No droopy/wilted looking leaves and the yellowing of the lower leaves have stopped dying to to heat. Thank you for the help my friend
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X