Light rerouting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light rerouting

I have to use cfls, so is there another way to reroute these electrical cords, this looks like a fire hazard, my plants are going in the 4 week of flowering, I am not changing it this time around, but next time I grow , I would like another way to route the wiring. Thanks for any photos or advice you could give me.
    Attached Files

The LED I replaced my CFLs with is much neater, only 1 cord to deal with. Ya I know it's only money though.

Comment

Right answer there Rwise I just plunked down $200 + on a new Vipar P2500 which will pay for itself for me on the first grow. It's all about the quailty at this point.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal You bought the P2500 ?? I'm jealous lolll

Yes sir just this morning Farmbuck
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey jeff1961
        That IS a fire hazard...you need to tidy this up. I see that the lights are hanging by their electrical supply cords. The lights need to be hanging by chains or something. Electrical cords should not be used to support anything. The power bar should not be hanging either. All of the electrical cords used should be long enough to be safely routed and tied down out of the way. Do not clip things to electrical cords for support. To tidy this up I think you'll need to really redo everything.

Maybe someone here who has a tent can post a photo of how they have routed their electrical wiring.
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

Not a great photo of the light cord or support cables, but this is how I dressed my cords in my tent. I will probably get some 'replacement' support bars to support cords running from one corner to another. Zip ties are great for neatly dressing cords and bundles of cords.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Zip ties and items actually made for hanging lights would be a start. The ocd electrical engineer kinda spazzed at this pic lol My main concern, you have extension cords plugged into extension cords which isn’t bad only you should check the rating on the cords you’re using. They look rather thin like the ones intended to be used for lamps snd such. Probably not a issue right now using cfl’s but if you ever upgrade to some real wattage it will be.

Comment

get a decent light and worry not. just make sure the new light is UL, CSA or ETL certified
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X