And so it begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so it begins!

Hey all, I have finally planted my first ever seeds and cannot wait to get this journey on the road!

I have planted two Northern Lights XXL auto seeds from 00 seeds.

I hope to update weekly and in between should the need arise. I would like for you to join in with me and my first grow, so wish me luck! :') Thank you all

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210331_180634.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	555.6 KB
ID:	503388Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210331_181225.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	563.9 KB
ID:	503389
    Current Grow:
    Mars Hydro 2x2x4 tent
    Mars Hydro Ts1000 LED light
    Two 5 gallon fabric pots planted with Northern Lights XXL autos from 00 seeds
    Growing medium is Bio Bizz soil premixed with perlite
    First ever grow

Good luck buddy some advice from someone who just harvested his first grow yesterday be very aggressive with trimming keep in mind weed is a weed and weeds are harder to kill than the terminator though be smart and don’t do it all at once I feel like my grow was hurt most by just poor grooming and also have fans blowing directly on the plants not around them this will thicken stems thicker stems can carry more nutrients and poor grooming leads to poor light penetration I believe these two things hurt my grow most don’t let it hurt yours

Comment

• Freeman420
      Freeman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers for that Kieftan! Will take all that on board!

Good luck. Looks like your on the right road. You might want to get the temp up a little for germination.
    looking forward to some updates.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Think spring when it comes to germination. Warm soil helps big time. With autos I plant seeds directly in the final pot. Autos are finicky and don't like transplanting. The less you mess with them the better. Keep the soil moist not soggy and in a week you should have some seedlings pop up.

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      @PLeaf this is why I creep comments I didn’t know autos hate transplants one possible future fiasco averted

• Freeman420
      Freeman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      PLreef yeah planted in their final pot as I heard they don't like being transported. But cheers for the advice!

*An early update*

After a stressful first night for the seeds, from the tent being very damp with water droplets building up on the walls and roof of tent due to the soil having been watered and situated in my garage (Temps below 20 and humidity topping out at 86%)

I have had to relocate but hopefully this wont have stressed the germination process? But currently set up and now have an average temp of 26 and humidity at low 50s

Name:	IMG_20210402_183804.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	573.7 KB
ID:	503962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210402_183812.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	634.5 KB
ID:	503963
    Current Grow:
    Mars Hydro 2x2x4 tent
    First ever grow

Comment

Congratulations, I will be pleased to follow your grow so do us all a favor and write your grow specs in your account signature so it will appear at the bottom of all your posts. I'm following a few dozen grows now and it saves confusion when I can see your info each time I look. Grow Happy! ps: A little higher humidity is good thru sprouting until the second set of true leaves. 80% to 85% is fine.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Freeman420
        Freeman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reminding me TOKABIGONE And thanks for the advice mate!

Hey all, hope everyone is well and had a good Easter weekend!

On day seven from planting seed with have little babies popping up! Very excited to say the least.

Now I am wondering shall I raise my lamp a little bit higher, it is currently sitting roughly 8 inches away? Any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Name:	IMG_20210406_160808.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	630.0 KB
ID:	505100Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210406_160804.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	629.0 KB
ID:	505101Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210406_160839.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	530.3 KB
ID:	505102
      Current Grow:
      Mars Hydro 2x2x4 tent
      First ever grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well if that does not dim i would raise it now and get the tiny sprout a chance to grow upwards you can always lower it later. Don't let them dry out water real gentle else you'll uproot. Some folks use just a mist for these but you can't do it under lights that are on. Good luck and congrats on your new babies. Gotta be ontop with those lights be safe

• Freeman420
        Freeman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOurbudgal The light is dimmed on at 50% at the minute, shall I turn the dim up and send it up higher perhaps? And yeah ready for a water tomorrow I think (got a few gnats flying around from house plants so don't want to encourage the blighters aha)

Watered last night with a slight dribble of water with a splash of PH down around the seedlings and just checked today, the plants have some slight yellow speckles on now and one baby leaf that is growing through looks slightly damaged.

I have not fed any nutrients yet and cannot test the pH of water properly as I only have a cheap pH water tester (waiting till payday to get a better one)

I am growing under a Mars Hydro Ts1000 LED light currently sitting at 21 inches from soil at roughly 80% dimmed. **Edit i have raised to 25 inches now at 80% dim.
      I have cal-mag at the ready so would it be worth putting a splash of that in with its next feed for the time being?

Temps are currently 25c and 55% humidity
      Night is 19.8c with 50% humidity

Any tips muchly appreciated thank you!

Name:	IMG_20210410_140208.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	573.9 KB
ID:	506119Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210410_140216.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	868.2 KB
ID:	506118Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210410_140221.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	580.4 KB
ID:	506117
      Current Grow:
      Mars Hydro 2x2x4 tent
      First ever grow

Comment

Good start. DON'T splash pH down or calmag directly on soil. Put it in the water you feed them.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Freeman420
          Freeman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I've been putting the pH down in the water and giving it a good stir and watering from a watering can with a flower head on. This was the plan for that cal-mag but haven't fed them anything yet

Just a little update for everyone. They have been sprouted above soil for just over a week now and are starting to get their first three finger leaves coming through

Name:	IMG_20210415_154407.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	539.2 KB
ID:	507497Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210415_154359.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	530.7 KB
ID:	507498
        Current Grow:
        Mars Hydro 2x2x4 tent
        First ever grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking real good keep doing what your doing

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Looks great in there.

• Freeman420
          Freeman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers guys! One of the left is slightly smaller in comparison to the right but hopefully she grows just as well

Hi all, hope everyone is well! Just a little update on how things are going so far.

Both plants are roughly 4 and half inch tall and 18 inch away from the light. Started half strength nutrients on 25/04

Currently on Day 23 from sprout. Both plants are looking decent. I have started a slight bit of LST so lets see if i've done it correct and nothing too bad happens haha

Name:	IMG_20210429_190244.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	596.1 KB
ID:	511896Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210429_190240.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	630.8 KB
ID:	511897Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210429_190249.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	580.4 KB
ID:	511898Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210429_190307.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	535.5 KB
ID:	511899
        Current Grow:
        Mars Hydro 2x2x4 tent
        First ever grow

Comment

Great plants !!
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X