Yellow Leaves with Dark Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Yellow Leaves with Dark Spots

Hey there guys, on my first grow and I'm having some problems with my plants. On all my plants they are a yellowed and some are experiencing dark spots (different plants have different kinds of dark spots). It's been a problem for a little while now but I've had trouble diagnosing it. Each plant is in a 5 gallon pot with purely coco coir, I feed twice daily 1.5 litres of water to each plant (one with nutes, other with just ph balanced water always between 5.5-6.2), I use canna a + b at a ratio of 2.5 mls per litre with 2.5mls per litre of cal mag too. I have two tents, each with a 600w HPS lamp with the temps ranging between low 20s Celcius to just above 30 Celsius on hot days. I apologise for the photos being so yellow due to the bulbs, wish I could take a good video but the flicker is too much to really see whats going on. Any help would be appreciated and if anyone feels like baby sitting me through the rest of my grow that would be a god send. Thank you

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Hey, George. Welcome to GWE.
    I grow in hydro, but not coco. I might be a bit off with this, but why do you feed twice a day? I’m wondering if your second feed is washing away the nutrients from the first feed.

Some more details would be helpful to us. Temp/humidity/strain etc
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Originally posted by YYCannabis View Post
      Hey, George. Welcome to GWE.
      I grow in hydro, but not coco. I might be a bit off with this, but why do you feed twice a day? I’m wondering if your second feed is washing away the nutrients from the first feed.

Some more details would be helpful to us. Temp/humidity/strain etc
      https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/watering_coco/ from what I gather from this website in coco I should be watering up to 5 times a day, I alternate between nutes and non-nutes to eliminate salt build up (suggested to me by a video, might not be correct information).
      Temp: 20c during the day, 29-32c at night
      Humidity: 60ish%
      Strain: Critical Orange Punch by Dutch Passion
      I haven't really been measuring run off although I understand it's important, should I be having more of a focus on this aspect of growing?

Comment

by the looks of those pictures I'd say overwatering, too high temps and likely humidity and light burn. They could also be rootbound if the roots are already growing far outside the pot.

First and foremost you need to regulate the temp and humidity better.

Second you don't just water as many times as someone says. Check the pots. if you can push your finger into the coir up to 2 inches and still feel moisture, wait another day.

Third watering first with nutes then just plain water is either washing away all the nutes or diluting them to the point where the plant isn't getting enough. In coir you should simply flush the pot thoroughly with properly PH'd water every second or third watering. Watering should be roughly every 2-3 days under ideal temps.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Also you need some kind of riser between the pot bottom and the saucer, even a small amount of gravel so you are not sitting in water and drawing it back up. My guess is most of your problem in being way, way to wet. They're drowning!
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Hi realmofgeorge
            Here is a link all about coco: https://www.growweedeasy.com/coco-coir
            Below is a link all about watering. Hope this helps.
            Learn everything you need to know about watering your cannabis plants. No more guessing or worrying!
            Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
            I like weed and science.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X