Survey saysssssssss.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survey saysssssssss.......

Do you you believe a so so ( poor, not to your liking, etc.) vegetation stage affect your quality of your buds ?
    Yes it affect the quality
    75.00%
    No it doesn't
    8.33%
    I barely notice
    16.67%
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 03-30-2021, 12:15 PM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

I can't vote yet cuz I'm still in my grow. Well my buds are still frosting and I see my trichomes are gradually changing to cloudy. So I would say for now nope.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I believe a poor vegetation stage absolutely affects the yield. My experience with grows that vegged poorly or had issues is that the mature bud is still awesome. I just grew an 00 Kush that only produced 1/2 oz. and was harvested about a week early due to issues. It is absolutely killer weed!
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
      I believe a poor vegetation stage absolutely affects the yield. My experience with grows that vegged poorly or had issues is that the mature bud is still awesome. I just grew an 00 Kush that only produced 1/2 oz. and was harvested about a week early due to issues. It is absolutely killer weed!
      While I'm just finishing my first grow in a week or two, I think I agree with this. One of my two plants had a way slower veg than the other. I though I had over watered it when it was about 3 weeks old, and probably did, but it has just been slower, smaller, and more issues the whole grow. I've heard just because a plant grows faster and easier doesn't mean it's going to produce the better bud. And that seems to be the case. The runt looks like it's going to produce less than half the flower as her sister, but it looks to be noticeably more 'dank'. Not sure that's so much because of the slow veg versus just having less buds to concentrate it's energy on.

Comment

I can't vote either as I am just in 6th week of my first, however I have noted here that a really stressed plant can actually produce a larger yield and still have killer buds. Thus the effect of super cropping to make more.
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I think a healthy plant from seed to harvest will naturally produce better than one whoā€™s had issues. Great thing about this plant is that it doesnā€™t matter. You can screw up beginning to end and youā€™ll still get something to get high off of as long as you donā€™t kill it

Comment

Farmbuck, I bought a number of their strains. So far, I have sprouted and grown 4 of their seeds, a 100% rate. The results has been good so far, they are still curing so my "tastings" are not final. The 00 Kush and Critical Poison are going to be really good. They are not an easy grow however and you need to pay close attention too them.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Great !! Thank you OldManGrower and they are not expensive either...

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I think 00seeds were some of my very first order i made. Chocolop man i can't remember the rest i was so excited to have seeds with names LOL. Let me tell ya the zskittlez are really fruity no kidding.

Oh yes about the vote.....yes i do believe sick vegging plants grow up to be poor quality if not corrected in a timely fashion.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal Ok my dear western friend I hear you but..... What if the correction you make it is in the beginning of flowering stage then ? I'm throwing the question to all of us. I've already know the answer lolll

Stay safe y'all !!

• HobbitGDF
              HobbitGDF commented
              Editing a comment
              I mean I voted yes it does have affect, but......
              I guess if the issue was corrected in flower, well then I still think it would be diminished yeild in some sort of way, but that's not to say you cant get it close to 100%. 80-90% bounce back.
              Hell idk. That's my logic.

Aww Farmbuck it's such a guess sure maybe yield will be down. I'm sorry it's not looking good to you. Those of us that have had grow issues at least for me i'm happy for the harvest that it's given. So what's the answer?

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              You have answer for me.

Hi Farmbuck, I voted YES, but with this qualification: A poor veg was a significant setback, recovery was rapid but final yield was decreased.

The sudden drop in both temperature and humidity back in December hit my plant hard during veg. By the time I got the environment dialed in we were six weeks into an eight week veg period. The LST & manifold pruning had gone perfectly but she was still very small.

The good news came during flowering as she filled in my scrog and popped over 50 healthy budsites above the screen. I'm now a week or so from harvest and all those buds are frosty and fattening.

I'm confident that the final yield will be substantially lower than it could have been without that slow start. I've spent the last year growing White Widow from the same seeds in order to experiment with different soils, lights, nutes etc. This plant was the culmination of all that I learned and although I'm still pleased with the results I'm certain that it could have been better.

Maybe the lesson here is "No matter what happens, Don't give up the ship!"
            My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
            I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
            Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey grouchyoldman hope your temperment is ok this a.m. LOL just kidin. Are your budsites just showing buds at the top or do they show firmer all down the stems? I just want to know if my wedding cake is also a casulty of low humidity cause i got no hard buds underneath top of budsite. Top tiny bud is hard, below is fluff yours looks like mine but less budsites

• grouchyoldman
              grouchyoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Howdy Budgal, sore back from garden work yesterday, but otherwise fine and dandy. Thx 4 Askin.

White Widow seems to have wide bud spacing normally and the lower down the looser the buds are. Just as you described. The scrog training I did on this plant helped a lot with that because the canopy was spread out exposing those lower buds down the stem to direct light. So I'd say the lower buds seem much tighter but no closer together than usual. Looks like I'll have more usable bud and less Larf.

This grow has turned me into a Scrog convert, especially using that cool screen setup from bboyfromwayback.

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              šŸ‘šŸ» Iā€™m glad you like it! First time I scrogged in a tent it was a 4x4 with a fixed screen and only one door/entrance. I had to lay on my back and scoot myself underneath to get to the back area of the tent which allowed my to pull and tuck but the was about it. Nice to be able to pull a single plant out and set it on a table so you can be comfortable. Work smarter, not harder lol

Sorry to hijack Farmbuck you just never mind ya here LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal LOLLLL I will never mind western friend. Did some reading on Kali China and most of the time you could harvest them around day 45 soooo I see they might be ugly and small but I see more and more cloudy trichomes.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X