Ph meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph meter

Well today i got my cheap analogic ho meter and i wanted to test it like put it in soil and then water the soil with water that i added some lime juice.And i noticed some things. First i checked the erth soil and the soil i have some flowers and the ph was same 6.8.Then i put lime juice in water and checked the water and on the top of the water the ph was 6 and at the bottom was 5 what solhould i believe. I watered my soil with this water to see how much the ph would drop but its just the same after i hour wait. Is that normall or the ph meter its just bad
    Attached Files

Hello Giannhs
    Sorry to say but meter is bad. This type of meter is really measuring the electrical conductivity of the soil. Usually, the PH meter (usually a pen style or PH paper strips) are used to measure PH of liquids. Measuring the PH of the soil is not so easy. Here is a link below with lots of information. Although, the meters that look just like this one in your photo but measure soil moisture are great.
    Learn how to easily adjust pH up and down if needed for your cannabis grow. It helps prevent nutrient deficiencies!
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      So can this thing at least meter the ph of water

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Giannhs
      No, it is not good for measuring the PH of water.

Those are not very accurate, but lemon juice in my tests lets the PH return to what it was before the lemon was added, however the chloramine/chlorine is now dead.
    I started out with a similar meter, I now have a nice Bluelabs combo +. (yes it costs more)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X