No announcement yet.

Purpled Purple Haze - 'cause coco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Purpled Purple Haze - 'cause coco?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3662.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	503013
    I've been growing Purple Haze as long as I've been growing and this is the first time I've gotten any purpling! This was three days ago - newer pictures would show much more purple on almost every bud. This was taken while I was giving it a flush with pHed water.
    This girl was started as seed in coco, lived out her usefulness as a mother plant and is now nearly finished and ready to harvest. She did see some unusually low temps a month or so ago but not lately. Is this a coco thing to show colors more readily in coco as compared to hydro grows? The only other purpling I've ever gotten was from some Bruce Banner I harvested in May of 2020 from a hydro grow.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Interesting not sure why either? My overnight temps do get under 65f forsure indoors. I gotta tell ya for me with this harvest of zskittlez and GG#4 it's my first for a long time having the quaility of top shelf buds for awhile. I'm so pleased with the zkittlez coloring, smell is fantastic. Pretty purple inside buds smells like candy. I think alot has to do with the cool temps and better knowledge of distance of lights for me. Also the better genetics. Now if i can get the yield better Lovely looking UndergroundFarmer congrats looks top shelf to me.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Just googled it. It's actually a genetic defect of chlorophyll in your trichomes. Should not affect the taste or effect of the bud.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3676.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	503248
        Here's another try at getting the purple to show. Weirdly enough, every shot I try to take ends up with the purple part out of focus! You can see it better in the bud at bottom left that in the center.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X