Super Close Up Trichs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Close Up Trichs

I ordered a cheap usb microscope. My plants are currently sleeping so keen to try it I got out a nug of banana from my last harvest. It’s a bit of a faff to find the right zoom but once you get it it’s so clear to see them and much easier to actually see on the screen than hold it steady to get a pic! Definitely going to be using it on my current grow to see when they’re ready.

I love my USB microscope. Trying to hold it freehand is a PITA. I cut off a small piece of bud and put it on a table to use the scope. The zoom is incredible.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

What scopes did you get? I had a blast taking shots of nematodes I bought to kill fungus flies. The bud shots are amazing. Yeah sitting at a table hooked usb to my laptop was the best. I could hold the scope tight against the table and easily adjust the focus dial. I need to do it with one of my harvest buds now.

I list my equipment here.
      I’ve always wanted to do it. As a boy, microscopes showed me another world. Well with my first grow starting to show crystals on the leaves I finally bit the bullet and went for it. Equipment iPhone 12 Pro (https://www.apple.com/iphone-12-pro/specs/) (replaced iPhone 8) Camera+ 2 app (https://camera.plus/) Xenvo

Equipment
      5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
      ———————————————————————————————————-
      1st Grow
      Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
      Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
      Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Beautiful shot MagicMike66 i sure wish my slow poke would amber up like that
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The scope ranges from x40-1000. I was surprised to see how defined they still were on weed that was 6+ months old. Can’t wait to try it on fresh buds

Comment

Wow, another MUST HAVE for a growing list, do you have a link or info on where to find one?
            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• MagicMike66
              MagicMike66 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just search usb microscope on Amazon and you’ll get a huge list. They all work with different os so best to check that before buying. This one was less than 20

Here's the one I use. Cheap but effective.

5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X