How'd I do? Am I done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How'd I do? Am I done?

My first grow, two Amnesia Haze ladies started on Dec. 1. I'm now 9 weeks in to flower. The bud pics were from 1 week ago, plant pic from last night. I think I did pretty good for my first grow. Any guesses on what kind of dried weight I probably have? Does this seem like an average size harvest or is it just 'good for a first grow'? Hell, is it even good for a first grow? I have no clue.

EDIT: There's more bud on the left lady (Mary) than is looks in the picture. The buds are tall enough and heavy enough they started falling over a few weeks ago. But, I didn't want to drive a stake through the root ball this late into flower. So I kind of tied a piece of yarn around it so the branches would support each other some. But they're falling over and hiding many buds from the camera. Jane (on the right) was a slow grower and didn't stretch half as much as Mary. Hence the box and no yarn.

I can't get a good trichome pic, but I have checked them out with a microscope. Half a dozen amber trichs on the leaves around the buds, but all white on the buds themselves. So I'm thinking I'll harvest next weekend. Does that sound about right? I would like to error on the 'speedy' side vs couch lock.
    Last edited by Tumbleweed; 03-27-2021, 03:41 PM.

I’m the type who will harvest when all the trichomes are are milky. I like that high. Maybe when the first pair of amber trichomes is starting to show on bud I make the cut.
    you can easily go 1-2 week more in my opinion and get some more weight on it.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

If the plant starts showing yellow leaves all over then she's good to go. The yellowing is a sign that the plant is using up the last bits of Nitrogen which is expected. Your plants don't appear to be doing that just yet. Give it a week or so, just stop feeding them and just use plain PH'd water.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Those are some heavy colas and don't look like they are ready to harvest. You sure don't want the branches laying on eachother weight on the buds pressing together not good. But nice big plant for sure i'm growing the auto version right now.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Still a bit too early. Like @captainwiesel91 said, it could easily go another week but looking at the trichs is a better indicator to match what you’re looking for. Those buds will fatten up a bit more if you can give her more time.
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I agree with the others. Give em another week or two. They'll fatten up some while you wait.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I have a trich question if I may, do they begin to get cloudy on the bud or the leaves first?
              2X4X6 Quictent
              1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
              600w LED (80)
              1000w LED (180)
              2 X Viparspectra P-1000
              2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
              6" battery/usb fans
              Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
              GH trio with Calimagic
              Lung room humidifier
              3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
              ArmorSi, kelp when needed
              Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
              Northern Lights auto
              (Seedsman)
              auto 00 Kush
              (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
              2x Northern lights auto
              1 auto 00 Kush
              1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
              Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                Leaves will usually turn first.

Thanks everyone. I'll give them some more time. No rush here, just don't want to go past prime.

Comment

Tumbleweed , nothing shabby at all about that first grow! Well done! I'm four weeks behind you so hoping for at least as much fattening as you have by that time. I'm wanting to harvest sequentially so I can try early milky, cloudy and amber to decide which I like best. Homegrows rock! No more guessing about when and how the dispo growers processed so you can find exactly what is best for you at what stage and also have a variety of effect to suit your mood. Best hobby ever!
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Lol dude, i love how in the first 2 pics of "how'd i do on my 1st grow" that's it's a small close-up bud top and it's all like, yeah that's looking ok, and then suddenly in the 3rd pic it's BOOM!!, here's about a million massive colas all falling over from their own weight of being so freaking chunked out!!! Lol was brilliant to see cheers dude!

And I'd only add that i think you're gonna be very happy once that's all ready to smoke!! Great work indeed!!

Comment

Great grow. Like other folks have said more yellowing of the leaves before I'd harvest. Some molasses water wouldn't hurt.

I think you would love some plant yoyos for those heavy, droopy buds

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X