Rdwc single pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rdwc single pots

Hi everyone, first post so please forgive any lack in etiquette etc.... I'm looking for advice or reviews for a single pot rwdc bubble buckets 20ltr plus I have considered making one but I really like the look of the cyclops 27ltr and the artic ones and seem very inexpensive and I'm a hobby grower so like things to look as good as possible aswell as a top knotch product

Thanks

Hey Clifford, welcome to your best resource for growing on the planet...literally...this is an international community with growers from many countries with many different insights. Firstly, give us more info on what you have now and how informed you are on the process. Read all the tutorials on the main site and formulate a basic plan for environment, lighting and as many details as you can so we can help with the best advise possible. All here are happy to help with advise if you help us with your basics. Budget is always a concern starting out so figure that out then come back and we'll be here for you. Good Luck!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Just use large pails. I grow DWC in “5 gallon” pails. Is this what you mean with “single pot RDWC”?
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Hi, tokeabigone thanks for your reply! The forum was highly recommend by vault seed shop having had a good browse now I can see why

Almost complete novice level me and a friend grew a few years ago but to be honest it was all the other guys knowledge and pretty much forgot everything

I decided at the beginning of the year to start researching after hearing about the ease of autoflowers and how to grow my own now a few months on I've managed to acquire a few bits and pieces pretty much everything other than a tent and nutrients because initially was going to grow in soil but have now decided I would like to try dwc

At the moment I have a hlg 260 rspec v2 a s&p td silent fan with speed controller phonic ducting rhino pro filter ona done with liquid gree 4in1 air con 4x 7in ram oscillating fans lumii 4 way contactor and a ecotechnics 8 way contactor carbon filter straps lumii light lifts blulab guardian ec pH testing machine 4x jubilee clips a hygrometer and a few other bits and bobs trimming scissors scrog net and a few northern lights autoflower seeds

I'm thinking I'd like to try the advanced nutrients but just grow one at a time to start with so I can totally focus on that I'm definitely not in any rush I just want to learn how to grow my own good weed and enjoy the process I'm just waiting on next payday to get the remaining bits and I'm good to go I've been itching to get started for months now

Instead of a tent I'm thinking a metal tool cabinet with a cork lining for sound protection and then covering in mylar or am I just overcomplicating things? Discretion is Paramount I'm growing in my workshop at the back of my house and my kids are in and out etc just don't think a big obvious grow tent would be unoticed

Appreciate your time thank you

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in coco coir so I don't have anymore advise for you on hydro but one thing I did in my DIY cabinet was to use space blankets for reflective lining; about $10 on Amazon for a 6 pack or a bit more for a 50 pack cuz their always handy for a lot of things. Just use spray adhesive on your cork lining and smooth them onto it, trim to fit. Quick, easy, cheap and very reflective. Good Growing!!

For what it’s worth I grow in pickle buckets from Fireman’s Subs. They sell them once they are done with them $3 ea and food grade. They pass money onto local fire departments. Double win.
        “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
        ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X