Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil preparation outdoor grow

Hello guys.
    I will start preparing soil for this year. (I'm a bit late, plant to plant then outside in 2 months max)

At our municipal compost site I got first grade compost. I work for a company controlling compost site, so i got detailed chemical analysis of it.

Here are nutrients:
    N: 18220 mg/kg
    P2O5: 9380 mg/kg
    K2O: 18000 mg/kg
    Ca: 6.3%
    pH: 9

It's a bit strong, pH is also high, I know i need to mix it with something else,to lower pH. Peat moss? Any experience how much? What's the ratio?

I also have 2 years old composted cow manure available..
    Plan to add perlite of course.

Other supplements.
    I can't get everything, since it's not available in my country and ordering it from abroad could take to long or with to high shipping costs..

I can get chicken manure, fish meal, bone meal, alfalfa pellets, azomite, gypsum, neem. Kelp is expensive.. Like a lot.
    And mycorrhizae.

What would be recommended doses for those.
    Im planing for around 100 gallon pots per plant.
    And cooking time would be around one months, since it will take some time to get all the ingredients, so far I only have compost, and garden center has perlite and peat moss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Even useful links

Look up Clackamas coot soil mix. Some of the ingredients you mention are part of the mix. Buildasoil.com is where you can get a lot of info and recipes you can make. Also it’s where I bought my coots mix amendments.

Comment

Peat is good to lower PH, so are bananas, lemon, limes, but I would put pelleted sulfur in for PH down, the girls need a bit. I had my soil tested at the ag center, hit 8.4 they said only add sulfur all else is good.
      I do not use neem oil, dont use it on flowers.
      Chicken poo is very hot, do age it in the compost, maybe make a tea with it (not to strong).

Comment

• KosarZiga
        KosarZiga commented
        Editing a comment
        How would you make a tea?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X