Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To harvest or not??

hi guys

I’m on east coast of Australia and tossing up whether to harvest or not. Apparently the rule of thumb from plant to harvest is Father’s Day to Mother’s Day snd Mother’s Day is may 9th so still a fair while away. We have had natural disaster level rain and floods here recently and 6 days of rain and wind knocked my plants around pretty bad so I’m worried about bud rot etc if we get more bad weather

in going to get a Jewlers loop today to look at the trichromes more closely but wanted to get an opinion about just how early it would be to take them out now.

took a few photos from each plant this morning, thanks in advance guys hi guys

I’m on east coast of Australia and tossing up whether to harvest or not. Apparently the rule of thumb from plant to harvest is Father’s Day to Mother’s Day snd Mother’s Day is may 9th so still a fair while away. We have had natural disaster level rain and floods here recently and 6 days of rain and wind knocked my plants around pretty bad so I’m worried about bud rot etc if we get more bad weather

in going to get a Jewlers loop today to look at the trichromes more closely but wanted to get an opinion about just how early it would be to take them out now.

took a few photos from each plant this morning, thanks in advance guys
    Attached Files

Looks like your getting close. Maybe another week or two if I had to guess. But that's just a guess. Theres a few things to look for. Primarily I look at trikes. I wait till there's at least 25% amber.

Read through this link. Everything you need to know about harvesting your bud..

Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Sorry about the weather you been having, I heard,
      Looks like they still have plenty bud building time to go, I'd say wait 2 weeks, see if they can take another 2 weeks to flush.

Comment

Nope she is not ready yet maybe 2 or 3 wks the most.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I know my response might be a little late, but I wanted to share some insights for others who might have the same question. From those pics, it seems like your harvest might not be ready just yet.I know my response might be a little late, but I wanted to share some insights for others who might have the same question. From those pics, it seems like your harvest might not be ready just yet. With the recent rain and wind knocking your plants around, it's understandable to be concerned about bud rot. It's a good idea to get a jeweler's loop to closely examine the trichomes and determine their maturity. If they're not fully developed, it's best to wait a bit longer to avoid any potential issues. BTW, I recently stumbled upon some really cool cannabis accessories online. They offer a variety of highly flavored options that you might find interesting.
          Last edited by Eraldert; 06-12-2023, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Really ya think?

You are definitely entering the harvest window. I agree with most of the other comments. Give them a couple of weeks and they will fatten up nicely.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X