Grow tent temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow tent temperature

Hello every1 im in uk and my tent is runing at 33 degreas im strugling to bring temp down my plants are 2 weeks old will 33 degreas ruin the flowers

Most strains don't like it that warm. If you can't lower the temp, what about adding fans? bear in mind fans only circulate the air but it could help. The plants are going to dry out fast at that temp if you are using coir or soil so keep that in mind. Try a big bucket of ice...just leave it in the grow area near the fans and shut down any other humidifier.
    Make sure your tent has good exhaust....
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Sylvester
      Sylvester commented
      Editing a comment
      Good answer! We both wrote at same time dilvish

Hi , 33C° is about as high as I'd want to get. In UK, didn't think heat be problem For veg it's fine, for flowers, then nice big buds, you want get temp down nearer 21° - 25°C
    What light you using? Fans? What's your R.H.? Humidity important too, don't want high temps & lots moisture.
    are you using online exhaust with carbon filter? Clears air, cools, cleans etc.. Its only Spring, it will get hotter..
    Everyone here likes to get the details of your system, set up to be able to help you better. hope I helped a bitty

Comment

• Uksmoker
      Uksmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      I posted some pics

Comment

Would swaping 1 light to and led bring temp down if yes could u suggest an led light that would be good that is not super expencive

Comment

Is that the sodium glow of an hps light?🙂 I used to use them, nice colour of light , much heat & electricity. You use 2?
        I see an exhaust fan, lowering it may help,, u getting fresh air in? using a fan to circulate? Using a dimmer type /voltage speed switch for both fans are handy.
        You could swap 1 for a reasonable LED , they dont run as hot , good light spectrum..
        its alot of questions, I just changed from old kind 600watt hps to Mars Hydro led , very impressed with them.
        Began with the small 500 ( $90) & then bought the double TS1000 ($150) they just model numbers, it only draws >126 watts from wall, has a dimmer , can link to other lights.. the smaller 500 >80watts. Glad I got the bigger 1. Onto week 10 flower now,, I found less leaves with led than hps.
        If I were to start again, the Mars TS200 great light & value. So many great LEDs, be worth checking here, many polls done about them.

Comment

• Uksmoker
          Uksmoker commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont no if its hps mate its a 600w that kicks out loads of head and electric costing 6pounds a day

• Sylvester
          Sylvester commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like an hps & have I wasted my time here with above information ?
          If you don't know your system , how can people help you?
          Hopefully I contributed something to your questions with little to go with.

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow Uksmoker 6 pounds a day to run those lights?...i think thats around 8-9 dollarsUS or 10 bucks Canadian per day. Yikes! I'd break the bank and get some LEDs..Operate way cooler, and much cheaper to run. Maybe you can unload the old HPS lights somewhere?

System air rvk 5inch outtake and 4 inch intake with 2 normal 600w lights

Comment

One of those pics show the ambient temp at 37... is that right? only 20% humidity? You are going to cook those babies. If you haven't been using a heater, then yes it's the HPS bulb producing all that heat...need to exhaust some of it out of there faster or switch from HPS to a fan driven heatsink type LED like ViparSpectra. Look for models that are UL certified for safety.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Yo dude, my only advice is while they're still that young, you only need them under 1 light, don't worry about running 2 atm. If you have to keep running that 600w HPS although it's not the best bulb for vegging, it's not the end of the world either, and just raising it up by a few inches should reduce heat at plant tops.

I don't know much about LED tbh though i know unless you're willing to drop a few hundred plus then they generally aren't worth it, so the other 2 options I'd suggest to fit in with your current set-up and if you wana keep costs down is either:
            1. If you got a digital switchable ballast, then buy a 250w or 400w Metal Halide bulb, cost is £20 - £30, it would screw straight it in, be more suitable light Spectrum for veg and produce abit less heat than current HPS. But Do NOT use a different wattage bulb tho if you haven't got a switchable ballast.
            2. Buy a 250w CFL warm (2700K) bulb, cost is £40 - £45, that will also screw straight in without even needing to use the ballast, also be more suitable spectrum but will be almost zero heat. The MH will give bigger growth but the CFL is still good enough and eliminates all heat issues.

The only other thing I'd say tho dude, is when flowering starts you will have to switch to the 600w HPS again, plus it'll probably be spring/summer by then anyway so may need dealing with still - from what i can see your tent size is, just 1 HPS should be sufficient though and 2 would be overkill for that size - if heat becomes an issue again then maybe also re-position your extract fan set-up to see if can pull air through bottom of tent better, and get an oscillating fan for increased air circulation too. Also try and see if any way to better vent/cool down the room your tent is in as well possibly. Best of luck man!
            Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 03-26-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I freeze a milk jug about 3/4 full of water and put it in front of a fan at med speed. Just make sure you don't point it right at the plants. If you are in a tight space you could run it on low. Freeze an extra or 2 so you can swap them out. I can drop my temp 3 or 4 degrees in 45 mins or so, not a lot but a little here a little there....

Bonus, during power outages you can put a jug on the top shelf of the fridge and it will stay cold in there for awhile if you are sparing about how often you open it.
              2X4X6 Quictent
              1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
              600w LED (80)
              1000w LED (180)
              2 X Viparspectra P-1000
              2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
              6" battery/usb fans
              Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
              GH trio with Calimagic
              Lung room humidifier
              3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
              ArmorSi, kelp when needed
              Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
              Northern Lights auto
              (Seedsman)
              auto 00 Kush
              (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
              2x Northern lights auto
              1 auto 00 Kush
              1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
              Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Okay guys i got my temp down to 29 just by simply opening the unuesed circular vent above filter.

Comment

Alright bud,your temps shouldnt be that high,if your running 2 600w lights id get rid of 1 cos you dont need both.Thats where all your heats comeing from and those fans arent up to much,especialy with all that ducting.What size is your grow room?What ballast are you using cos if its dimmable you can turn it right down while there still small.Just to give you an idea,im also in the UK.my tent is 3x5x5,i have a 600w bulb and dimmable ballast that is always set at 250w,rarely later in flower i might turn it up to 400w.I run a good 4" fan+filter with a couple of oscilating fans just to keep air moving around.My temps with the lights on are 23.0 and lights of 18.0 which is about where you want it.Im able to grow 6 plants at a time like this producing more than enough.Hope some of this might help in some way.Good luck
                  Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
                  Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
                  Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
                  Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
                  Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
                  Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
                  Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
                  Pots=12l fabric
                  Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

• Uksmoker
                    Uksmoker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for your detailed reply mate guna private message you

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X