Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions before 12/12 lighting schedule..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions before 12/12 lighting schedule..

Hi Everyone.

I want to change the plants to 12/12 today or tomorrow and have a couple of questions that you good folks might be able to help me with.

1. I'm planning on doing defoliation/lollipopping before flipping the plants to flowering. Last grow I did I defoliated/lollipopped then waited 24hrs before changing the light schedule. I am wondering how long others waited after defoliation before flipping the plants? Can you flip the same day as defoliation or should you let the plants recover some first? Plants are quite healthy and I have been defoliating every 3rd to 4th day due to the growth in vegetation the last 2 to 3 weeks, was getting lots of wet spots between leaves.

2. If I am ready to flip today and the plants are due for a feed, do I use veg additives or flowering additives?

Thanks once again for your time everyone. Cheers
    3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
    2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
    6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
    4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
    Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
    3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
    Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
    ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Do they have preflowers yet? Were it me, I would go ahead with at least a light veg feeding then give them a couple days to settle down before flip. If they are still vegging with no preflowers showing you have plenty of time. I'm here to help. Good Luck!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Go ahead and do your Defoliaging and flip the lights, now, in 24 hrs its not going to be a make a difference.
      Feed them your veg mix for 7 to 10 day then add/switch to you bloom, week 2 to 3 is the transition time and by week 4 you should be hitting them full strength. Wait to lollipop them till week 3 or 4 so most of the stretch is done and you have a good idea on a final shape, do another Defoliaging at that time.

Picture alway help with the best answers.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

TOKABIGONE As far as I can see they don't have preflowers, have uploaded a few pics just incase I am missing something, medication plays with sight a bit at the moment. I might run out of veg time due to height, depends on the stretch I guess, Tent is only 6ft tall. I'm actually thinking of shortening the legs on the pots next time to give me that little bit of extra room to play with, they are a bit long anyway I think. Thank you for your help and advice, and thank you for the offer of help, I really appreciate it.

Mr.furley I plan on starting defoliation in the next hour or two, and will be flipping the lights tonight. Just finished blackening out the room the tent is in, just incase there are any light leaks in the tent. Last grow I defoliated/lollipopped right before flower, and I took a couple of clones for a friend at the same time. This time I'm going to try lollipopping at the 3 to 4 week mark like you advise, when is the best time to take clones in your opinion? Thank you once again for your advice/help, always appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Good call on waiting to lollipop.

I clone everything and start at week 4 in veg to ensure I can get one rooted, I take a couple now and in two weeks you will still be good to cut more if you lose them.

• newbutoldgrower75
          newbutoldgrower75 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Mr.furley. I did take some clones on Friday when I defoliated and switched the lights to 12/12. They aren't doing the best unfortunately, I had to go away for a few days due to my grandfather passing. My room mate looked after them while I was gone, and think he sprayed them with water that didn't have the right ph. But fingers crossed they will be fine, otherwise I will take some more in the next week or so.

Looking ready to go there excellent beginning. I just love cloning but i get very carried away LOL and do too many
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm still a newbie to cloning, only ever done it once before, but enjoying learning about it. I'm using rockwool this time unfortunately, had run out of Jiffy's, finding it more difficult than the last time. But it could be because I'm being impatient as well haha. I think I have put too many in the small dome as well lol.

Hey everyone. Here are a couple of photos taken after some defoliation done last Friday. Probably should have taken more off but the plants started wilting a bit so didn't want to push them.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well i just do the clonex dip to water in cups. Then into small soil cups, i got 3 GG#4 right now but looking like i'm gonna cut somemore for someone. It's habit forming once you start every damn plant i see clones.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
            Editing a comment
            Once the plants are rooted, are they right to go straight into the coco/perlite mix in say a solo cup?

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes to that question about rooted clones, mine go right into soil cups and i water an place a humidity dome on for few days they sit under a curly CFL bulb with a reflector.

• newbutoldgrower75
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your help once again, I'm actually excited to give this a go. Cheers

These photos were taken two days later..
          Attached Files

Comment

And these today..6 days after switching to 12/12 light schedule.

I started getting a little clawing happening on the lower outer leaves, pretty sure it was just from the floor fan blowing up into the plants a little too hard. So took the box away from underneath the fan which seems to have helped.
            Any advice, and constructive criticism always welcome. Cheers.
            Attached Files

Comment

Mission control You have transition. I can see a few stipules sticking out here and there. Another couple months maybe... congratulations!
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Sir..you have made my day. Now to try and keep them under control. Cheers

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X