Autos and genes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Autos and genes

For auto growers or anyone with making seeds. How hard is it to make an auto fem produce seeds and what traits percentage wise can carry over, will they be autos aswell?

If you breed an auto to an auto the seed will be auto (99.9%)
    If you breed an auto to a photo the seed will be 50/50, with 25% taking after Ma, 25% taking after Pa, 50% being a cross.
    If you use only females and force male parts, the seed would be female. The seed from a plant that pollinates its self (S1s) carry a higher risk of hermies than using the pollen on another female (not clones from the same plant they would still be S1s) and studies say these do not carry the hermie trait unless one or both of the parents already had it.
    If you chose the parents well, the offspring will reward you!

Comment

• Tedtheclown
      Tedtheclown commented
      Editing a comment
      I figured about 50/50. Was curious if i could get a photo maybe on the quicker side of flower. Like i can keep white widow genes from an auto white widow. And cross that with a og kush.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      The 50% cross would also be 50% auto and 50% photo. Some will take a shorter grow season some will take after the other, once you get the seed made then the pheno search is on!
      Good luck with them!

I grew a northern lights auto fem, the yield was 60grams, and during the process of smoking it, we found two seeds, planted them, and both turned out to be females, but neither were autos. I assumed they would be autos, so I planted two white widow autos at the same time, which screwed me on the light schedule, lol.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X