X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO DWC showing bad reactions after flush

Hi,

This is my first (serious) grow.

After the first flush that i did after 1,5 months 2 days ago, my roots went from white to brown. Now 2 days later it looks like some leaves are also showing signs.

I am doing DWC. trying to keep my pH value around 6. Started the news flush with way to much nutrient, so I kept thinning it with water until it more less hit 1600 EC.

Hope any of you guys have some advice.

It should still be on time i hope!

Thanks in advanced.

Pictures show below.

seeds: Lemon Shining Silver Haze
    kind grow: DWC
    lamp: Migro aray
    Last edited by Canname; 03-23-2021, 03:35 AM.

First I hope the "1600 EC" is typo and that it is actually PPM. I do need to add I've only been tracking my EC religiously on this my 7th or 8th grow so my knowledge is limited but has been between 0.9 to 1.2 through this grow. You do not mention if your using any beneficial microbes like Hydro Guard. The roots of the back plant look slimy in the first two pictures. Lastly when I first started to grow I used grey or gray totes that let light bleed through the lids and caused me root rot in my first grow, I used foil tape to cover lids to prevent this after that.

Comment

• Canname
      Canname commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been using these nutritions..

Epson
      Kristalon orange
      Calcinit

Referring "beneficial microbes"

I am from The Netherlands.. they don't really sell most of the product here.
      Would you suggest any?

Will give the tape a try.. just ordered it. Thanks

Today I through in some h202. Hope that will help?!
      Last edited by Canname; 03-23-2021, 10:10 AM.

• Poppa
      Poppa commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't recommend any other products since Hydro Guard was available locally it is all I've used. You could make a post asking others from your region of the world what products they are using. When I have had root rot in past I always do a nutrient change once diagnosed to assure that what ever could be in solution contributing to the issue is removed. If it will be days before you have the tape to cover lid you could just take some black t-shirts or other material and lay it over lid under the plants till you can tape over lid.

• Canname
      Canname commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again.. tape is here tomorrow. Although i am hesitation if it's rot. When i rinsed of the roots just now.. it looked like it's the pebbles residue..
      Put some shirts around it.. just in case.. My PPM is around 883 and 5.8pH.. thanks again for your advice .............. in contrary to : Manollo who clearly had a bad day..
      Last edited by Canname; 03-23-2021, 04:33 PM.

I think u should start all over again, it seems the plants have lupus.

Comment

Ain’t nothing wrong with those roots, but you must get some type of additive to prevent root rot.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I agree with @YYCannabis , Nothing wrong with roots. I usually see a little bit of wilt after I do a flush, I do not flush on a schedule but onlu when I see issues,

I always look for side roots on the main roots, if they are slicked down then you are probably looking at root rot, I'm no pro, but that is what I use as a tattle tale.
        From your pictures, I really do not see anything wrong at a root level. If I did then I would treat with Hydro, not sure what to recommend where you are at.
        I do check and make sure the bubbler is providing lots of air when I see leaves like these as a suggestion.
        As a side note, trust me if you look at my past grows weed can survive.

Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• Canname
          Canname commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks RagWeedDWC - thanks for the feedback.. good to hear you also think it should be OK.. plant is growing like crazy think it just had a bit to much nutritions when i did the flush.. nutrient burn somebody over here told me. Levels are back to normal so lets see!

Beside some nutrient burn. everything looks good
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X