Crazy Drying Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Drying Question

Let’s say you’re ready to harvest and plants are in a 48hr period of darkness currently. Has anyone ever just left their plant in the pot, in the dark with 55% r/h and 60° temp, no water and to let the plant dry as is before bucking buds? Anyone know what would happen or have tried?

Everything you need to know https://www.growweedeasy.com/drying-curing

they will dry if you leave them up right and uncut but I believe hanging them upside down creates a more potent bud.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I saw a guy comment a few days ago on a thread how he does this but he grows weed for seeds

Comment

Me i am doing it now with my plants waiting for tomorrow should be ready to chop. I removed all large fans already, there in a tent.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I trim and dry in the pot every grow. Typically takes 14-21 days to get down to a 10-15% bud moisture content in my grow room.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I’m gonna keep it old school and hang them.

wedding cake from seed
            week x10 flower
            week x3 flush
            Veg Nuts: fox farm grow big, Bio-root and Cal-Meg, turpinator
            Flower Nuts: nectar or the gods bone meal, turpinator, Cal-Meg
            Soil: Fox farm mixed with Down-To-Earth azomite, humic acid, bat guano, oyster shell crushing, Bio-Live, Langbeinite, Bio-fish and Endo mycorrhizae.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Cberdahl i sure wish my wedding cake photo would dry up she's still looking green and frosty but no sign of deterioation? Have you grown this strain more than 1x I'm about ready to fry her into the lights LOL just to see whatsup?

SoOrbudgal yes I’ve grown this strain probably 5 times now. Not sure what you mean by “looking green and frosty but no sign of deterioration”... are you asking why the pistols are not changing colors or your trichomes not changing colors?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              No i'm saying her leaves look so healthy green and she's been in flower 70days her leaf looks like she's not cannibilizing like your 5th pic. Yes she's heavy on the trichs/frosty but really not like her strain photos show me? That's all i'm saying Cberdahl

SoOrbudgal Aahh... yeah, I think what happened was this; each plant is a different size, as each plant was in veg for diff lengths of time. So, some of the taller plants like photo #5 got light burn on the top leafs bc the lower leafs still look green and heathy... not a huge issue, just have to watch the remaining leaves closely. Getting the heavy crystals was a combo of dehumidifier 40-45% R/H in the areas, Turpinator and Bone meal from nectar-of-the-gods and under watering 1/2 a month. I also run two- three 600w leds in each area. The leaves stay so green bc I add nitrogen during flower if lower leaves start turning yellow, maybe 1/2tsp per gallon and I don’t flush until 60% of hairs are amber. The plant may trick you and make you think it’s done shooting pistols but shoot more in a few days. 🙏👍

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I look at the trichomes my pistels are all orange curly in. How long has yours been in flower not total grow time just flower mines is at 70days. All cloudy no show of amber in trichs. I'm patiently waiting LOL sheeeet. I run 400watts from my 2 LEDs in there, plants are 16" from light no burn no bleaching. My lamps might be loosing diode brightness they are 3+yrs old and running for 9months during the year. I shut them off in summer and grow outdoors.

I’m on day 81 of flower and some plants are ready some are not. This strain sometimes will just keep adding weight. Having trouble now keeping some branches up.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X