Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Trichomes are coming..The Trichomes are coming !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Trichomes are coming..The Trichomes are coming !!!

Today is the end of week four of flower. Yesterday as I was working with the ladies, I managed to focus my old eyes very closely on one bud and was pleased to see a few very tiny bright specks that I was sure were trichomes. I felt as though I had achieved a real milestone in my first grow! Exciting! Today I took a few pics so I could enlarge them and was Wowed by what I saw! Not only the sugar leaves but the calyxes and pistils as well are covered with them. I am so tempted to take a small bud and cure it for my pipe! Patience Toka, lol.

Some of you may recall an earlier post where I had decided to conduct an experiment with flowering light schedules by incrementally reducing the light time every two weeks to increase the production of the bud development hormone Florigen which is produced only during dark time. More dark time, more Florigen, larger buds is the concept. My first two weeks were at the normal 12/12 time. After two weeks I changed the light schedule to 11/13. Today I will change again to 10/14. In two more weeks at the six week point I will reduce to 9/15. That is as far as I will go down in my light schedule on this grow. Unfortunately I do not have a control plant on this grow so my results will be debatable on effect. Next grow I will keep two plants of same strain, care and veg cycle on 12/12 in flower as my control and two more on my decreasing timeline to compare results. If I see a notable difference at eight weeks I may go down to 8/16 depending on the maturity of the plants at that point. There is some information online about this idea but I have yet to find anything with concrete results so it will be a fun and interesting project. The strain I am using, and will use next time, is Critical Mass photo, an 80% Indica, 20% Sativa, from ILGM in Amsterdam. I will post weekly reports here of progress for any interested to follow under a title "Decreasing Light Schedule for Budding". Comments and suggestions from the forum are very welcome!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

I do what what you are doing. In veg I give 12 light then 5.5hrs off then 1 hour on and then 5.5 off. When I flip to flower I start at 12/12 and every week I take off 30 min until I'm at 8/16. Sometimes I do 10/14 depending on my watering schedule. Also noticed your in N AZ! So am I lol. I get excited everytime I see those frosty girls!!!
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      Also seems like my veg schedule makes then flower faster. Always seems like I'm a week ahead in flower.

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm wondering how soon into flower do you see trichome starting?

The day you see your first trichome it's the day it become an obsession for the years to come. Believe me..!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha, Farmbuck , as if I weren't already! I smoked my first joint in 1968 and thought it was nothing. Then a few months later as a Marine in Da Nang, Viet Nam, I tried it again and became obsessed. Haven't stopped since....

Yes its a great feeling. Tired eyes here too. I’ve got the 4x version of these and I can where them with or without my reading glasses to inspect my plants. It beats holding a loop. I also used them to defoliate and could see everything. It became a joy to inspect all the colas and I could sit for hours examining them.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X