Spider mites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider mites

Hi everyone I’m having a real bad spider mite infestation I’m still in veg almost into flowering so I’m trying to get the problem under control before doing so any advice would help and be greatly appreciated

Kill em all !!!

having said that, try Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade). Get a spray bottle (pump action garden sprayers work really well) and add about a tablespoon for each liter of warm water. spray the plant from the underside upwards. Leave it on for a day then rinse the plant off thoroughly. Then put a light layer of dry DE on the topsoil in the pot the plant is in. Re apply the layer after every watering until you are certain the little bastards are gone.

pressurized pump garden sprayers are the best especially when you do a rinse because you can do light passes (or misting) and never worry about soaking the plant.

DE is organic and works well
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Ive had them for years. It gets really bad in some strains and others only when stunned or in poor health. Never had an actual issue except for some dirty trimm full of bugs. No webs no infestation. No lost plants to mites. But they don’t go away. I like the alcohol lo keep under control while in veg. Specially small plants. In big plants is very hard to cover every leaf. Just alcohol and water 1:1 spray twice a day or as often as you can and in a few days you’ll see a bit of recovery and slowing down. But they never go away. I’m afraid to use actual insecticides and I know my clients prefer some bugs in the leaves they don’t smoke(trim) than me using insecticides or anything “not natural” if you want real solutions the best choice are predatory mites like andersoni and other species that eradicate spider mites and then die. They are sold for strawberry farmers mostly

Comment

Time to burn the whole house down..... J/k...
        I beat them with predatory mites. They ship overnight. Just sprinkle them on your plants and walk away. If your infestation is really bad you might need to follow up with another round in a few weeks. Easy peasy. Ill never use a chemical pesticide again.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          That blows. Arbico doesn't ship down there? I'm amazed with the job they've done in my grow.

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for that tip. Just checked and says you cannot place international orders but to give them a call to check restrictions. I’m going to check them out

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey its worth a shot. They are out of Arizona.

One can also use alcohol, ISO and water 1 part ISO 8 parts water (I go 50/50) spray under side then top side and soak em good with light out and good ventilation (also surrounding area and soil). This kills only the adult so it needs to be done every 3 days for at least 3 treatments as the eggs hatch.
        Lady bugs are also a good choice if outside, praying mantis will also help a lot.

Comment

First off thank you all for your reply’s. So before I do anything just want to make sure if this is true so I heard raising the levels of co2 past 12,000 ppms would suffocate any living thing inside the tent. I do have a co2 setup but I just want to make sure before I go making a mistake.

Comment

• dilvish
            dilvish commented
            Editing a comment
            wouldn't that also kill the plants? you said at that level it would kill any living thing...anyway, DE works good as i have used it twice now on separate grows.

No idea about the CO2. I do know the persimilus or persimilis not sure if I spelled it right is a beneficial insect. It destroys spider mites. Another thing you can do is find Lavender flower high in Camphor or Rosemary I believe is another plant high in camphor. What you do is drop the flower in a 1 litter bottle and let it soak for 48hrs then strain and spray your leaves and when I say spray they need to look like they are dying so soak that all the leafs are droopy hats how you know you have soaked them really well. The camphor destroys the spider mites eggs by making them pop. How? Well the eggs have a breathing hole and the camphor does a good job at blocking that hole thus making the egg pop. And it kills the spider mites. I’m the states there is a website liberty oils I believe I have to look but anyways they sell essential oils and just look for Lavender, once you’ve done that check on the ingredients pick one with high camphor and your good to go. I’m actually growing my lavender my own rosemary also have stinging nettle, Aloe, and Comfrey the bocking 14. All great uses for cannabis. Hope that helps.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X