Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this light burn led

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering whats happening with my leafs, they seem to be turning purple, i wasnt sure if this is genetics, light burn or nute def.

I installed an extra light directly above this plant a vipar spectra p600 (95 watt)
    Veg and most of flower was done with a rimarup 1000w led (185 watt)

The plant under vipar really started to fatten up, but i removed the light once seeing the leafs are purple. 3days

I did get lock out whilst this light was running, ph dropped below 5 and ec increased slightly, i flushed with plain water for a day, then back to low level nutes.

Without you telling us what your growing - I'd guess genetics.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

A grower needs to know what the strain they are growing else how would you know if it's just a normal stage? If it's a unknown bag seed well just keep looking at the leaf issues in the picture tutorials? Looks very crowded/warm and once they get taller than the other plants light adjustments heights like you did.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Sorry, its Northern Lights automatic from Royal Queen Seeds

Comment

Did you look at the picture on the website?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	northern_light_automatic__feminised_seeds_royal_queen_seeds_1.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	499488
          This is the RQS advertising pic.
          It may be the genetics for the phenotype, but I don't think so.
          2X4X6 Quictent
          1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
          600w LED (80)
          1000w LED (180)
          2 X Viparspectra P-1000
          2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
          6" battery/usb fans
          Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
          GH trio with Calimagic
          Lung room humidifier
          3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
          ArmorSi, kelp when needed
          Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
          Northern Lights auto
          (Seedsman)
          auto 00 Kush
          (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
          2x Northern lights auto
          1 auto 00 Kush
          1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
          Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

I've grown NL Auto from Seedsman seeds twice and they never turned purple like that. Some strains do in fact show unique coloring in late bloom, like Purple Kush or Alaskan Purple but as far as I know Northern Lights isn't one of them.

The fact that they did better when adding more light is inherent in the name of the strain. Northern Lights loves lots of full spectrum light. Just make sure the light is at least 24 inches from the top of the canopy.

Having said all this It doesn't appear to be light burn as that usually shows white tips on the top leaves along with the leaves canoeing and lifting upward.

It may be a mixed breed of Northern lights but ultimately it does look like a genetic condition rather than an overall problem.

Make sure your PH is at the level it should be (5.5- 6.5 for coir 6.0-7.0 for soil) especially when you water and make sure you don't overfeed. P.S. make sure you check the water PH after you add the nutrients
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Thank you for the replies

Comment

I have grown that strain a couple of times. Mostly outside, never had one plant turned purple by genetics the way yours look.
                Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Whats the temps? cold can induce purple. PH and what feed/water?

Comment

• grouchyoldman
                    grouchyoldman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Rwise may have nailed it. I've grown the same strain of White Widow repeatedly and for the first time this cold winter has delivered beautiful purple leaves. My room temps ranging from 60 - 68 degrees is the only variable I can identify. Usually I shoot for the 70-80 range.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X