Germination time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germination time

When germinating seeds with the paper towel method, after how many days from when they do not pop a tap root do you consider them non-starters and toss them?

If a tap root starts to grow then starts to develop brown around the edges, I take it that is not a good sign. What went wrong? To wet, dry, hot, cold? Ty.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Probably too wet.
    I’ve found the secret to the paper towel method is to make sure the paper is only damp...not wet.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Yes that sounds right what YY says. But i had 2 fails without tails this month. After 3 days i toss them.

Comment

Funny I never had problem with paper towel been wet. But I make sure it's warm.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

try soaking the paper towel with hydrogen peroxide and then wring it out a bit...I agree that the towel need only be damp not wet and the room temp around 21C. Older seeds can take 5 or 6 days.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I toss my seeds in a glass of warm water and leave in dark warm place. I get better results than using paper towels

Comment

How long do you soak them? Place in media after soak and before tap root pops?
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• MagicMike66
                MagicMike66 commented
                Editing a comment
                Leave them in the water until they pop. Can be anywhere 1-3 days. Then I put them in a rapid rooter cube and put in a solo pot with whatever medium you use.

• dilvish
                dilvish commented
                Editing a comment
                16 hours should be enough but be aware that even a taproot needs air so if they crack in the water and you leave them there it could stunt their growth....that's why most growers only moisten the seeds (never letting them completely dry out)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X