Quick Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Quick Grow

This will be my first time growing with a Sea of Green type strategy. I just finished a grow in this box, and I want to get this current grow finished before we get into June ( temps can get pretty hot in the garage in June). My last grow in the box was over winter and the temps were low (if you look at my last posts you can see what I am talking about) the smoke turned out simply fantastic the only difference was way lower than normal temps, I do not normally grow in the garage over winter. Another reason I am going to flower so quickly is that I have pulled out some regular seeds and I dont want to waste my time topping and LST then tossing the males after putting in that TLC. I started the plants in my new cool gros tent (2x2x3ft recommended by Nebula in a recent tutorial) under 2 T5's and a 19watt LED that I got at Home Depot. Moved the plants into my garage grow box 8 days ago. 4 days ago I transplanted into 2 gallon fabric pots. Going to feed Nitrogen, trim off the very bottom growth, then initiate flower in a week. 5 plants are KC Brains Cristal Paradise Regular Photo, 1 Barneys Peyote Critical Fem Photo, and 1 Greenhouse Seed Co. Lost Pearl Fem Photo. In the next 2 weeks I will be starting some HSO (Black DOG and Bubba Kush 2.0) seeds in the little tent, to go outside for the season. Just need a better light for the small tent.

Whooo who love this plan how fun and best of luck i'll be watching It's raining hard in the Umpqua area right now but out door temps are improving yea for spring.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Great plan. Looking forward to seeing it grow out.
      P.S. SoOrbudgal, love your new avatar!
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I started the flower cycle 12/12 on 3/19. The first pic is 3/18 and the second is 3/22. There is noticeable growth in the 3 days between pictures. My goal here is to grow short plants with main colas. As of today I am not seeing any sexing on the regular plants. Will toss the males as soon as they show. Currently have 7 plants, 5 of which are regular seeds so some will go in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still groggy brain wise so you are flipping these so you can sex them? Good for you going old school reg. I'm doing that also but with some auto seeds right now.

• Sudsnbuds
        Sudsnbuds commented
        Editing a comment
        Essentially, I wanted to have this flowering done before June (going for lower temps in the box). And I am growing regular seeds for the first time in a few grows (The smoke is always better from regular seeds) as well I hate spending my grow time topping and LSTing males only to toss them. As we go into the summer I am gearing up for my outdoor plants.

Things seem on track. Good temps, good growth. Should get some big main colas out of this grow. 5 of these plants are regular seeds, will see the male/female sexing in the next few days.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Plants are looking good Sudsnbuds right on track appears. Could you please tell me how old these were when you began 12/12? I got some reg. auto seeds i'm also waiting on sexing. No comparrison i know but was just curious about the photos. I want to use some dispensary bud seeds i been saving and i know that it was really good weed when i bought it. I figure some will die perhaps from poor breeding self pollination i guess? Just curious, some say at 3wks old stick them under 12/12 then if fem revert back to 18/6.

• Sudsnbuds
        Sudsnbuds commented
        Editing a comment
        They were just over 3 weeks from seed.

The first 2 pics are about a week a part. You can see how the peyote critical plant stretched to its limit. I could have moved the light up higher, but it would have taken some type of mounting. Easier to super crop the top as you can see in the last pic. Down to 5 plants total just over the legal limit of 4, I'll risk it. 3 of the 5 reg seeds were female, I love it when the odds come out a majority in your favor. They were showing identifiable sexing at about day 10 in 12/12. Today (4/3) is exactly 2 weeks in 12/12.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        OK that's info i need also thanks and good growing

Theres an update of current situation. About a week and a half until harvest, everything is done at around 56 days. The KC Brains plants were not cropped. One of them is fox tailing, likely because it was tallest and closest to the light. the peyote cookies has been craving calcium, you can see the claw on the leaves and there is a lot of twisting on the sugar leaves. I really like the big buds from not topping, however I would only grow like this by initiating flowering before 3 weeks. Also these are 2.5 gallon pots, and you need more size so that you dont have to water every 2 days.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X