Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leafs keep falling off - harvest possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! leafs keep falling off - harvest possible?

it was all good till a couple of weeks ago. than the leafs started to turn as the ones on the picture (first wet tips, later they become criyspy) and now there are just about 20-30% of the leafs left.
    i guess the problem was overfeeding and too much water. now i flushed them, keep them very low on water and almost no food anymore, but leafs are still getting bad.
    they are 2 weeks in "flower" now - any idea what i can do to get at least a little harvest?

they definitely look sickly. If I had to diagnose the problem I wouldn't know where to begin. by the looks of them I'd say they are starving for full spectrum light and nutrients and now possibly not enough water.

Start by getting them more light. read the tutorials on watering and nutrients and try implementing suggestions from the tutorials.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• sadhgrower
      sadhgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      more light = more heat. can`t controll the heat so well as here are about 35 celsius now outside. using just the sunburst cmh 315 now, had an additional LED light, but it became too hot than......

Hmmm that yellowing in between veins looks like mag deficiency but those burnt tips scream nute burn I’m honestly thinking you have root problems which is easy to test hold the base of the trunk in one hand while holding the pot in the other and quickly but gently flip the plant like turning an hourglass then grasp the base of the pot and gently separate the plant from it take a quick look at the base of the dirt you should see what looks like white spaghetti noodles if you see yellowish noodles you have problems but there’s hope if you see brownish noodles you’re screwed

Comment

• sadhgrower
      sadhgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      ok, did that an posted a pic of root above - what do you think?

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you did a really good job getting that rootball pic the ball looks perfectly intact very nice that minor crumbling is normal I’m not an expert I’m knowledgeable enough to know if somethings bad but not what’s good yet so I’d definitely seek other options but those roots look good except for those bottom roots if you look at the roots running along side you’ll see the nice healthy white but in my opinion those bottom roots look a bit unhealthy if I had to say you’re watering to frequently and not allowing the soil to dry out enough so those bottom roots are getting waterlogged they don’t look dead though so that’s good if you space out your watering more they may recover but again I’m really a novice I’d feel a lot better if a more experienced grower had the same thoughts

Looking at how stretchy and stringy she is, I’d say part of the issue is lack of light. Your other problem is lack of iron.

What are your temps and humidity?
    Lights?
    Soil type mix?

I’m guessing you have deficiency issues with molybdenum which causes iron deficiency.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• sadhgrower
      sadhgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      temp is 29-30 celsius
      cmh 315 light
      supersoil 707

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      30C is pretty warm for an indoor grow.
      What is your humidity?

• sadhgrower
      sadhgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      around 60%

Move them outside? use a screen to diffuse the sun if it's too hot. Let the soil dry out about 2 inches before every watering and start adding "bloom" nutrients.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X