Yellow tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Yellow tips

I have 4 NL autos on the left and 3 lemon autos on the right. This is my first grow, I'm near the end of week 4 using the bubbleponics method. The plants are transitioning to flowering right now and I noticed this when doing a water change today.

I should note I am using 2 1000 watt LED boards, set at 75% strength and kept approximately 24 inches away.

Is this a nutrient imbalance or too much light?

I'm really paranoid about PH so it's always in range, I dunno what's happening with these.

How do your roots look? When you say PH in range, what is your in range?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Water temperature?

I usually keep the ph at 5.9 - 6.0.
    The roots look pristine, I make sure to use hydroguard every change.

Water temp is about 65ish, but I just changed the water so it's a little cooler than normal.

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know the actual wattage that the lights draw from the wall? Make/Model?
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 03-12-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Vannect is the brand
      TS-1000

120w power draw

Comment

So I doubt its the light, I'm thinking you are having a nutrient problem, do you check ppms/Ec? What nute line are you using?

Comment

• Indelacio
          Indelacio commented
          Editing a comment
          GH flora trio, PPMs are @1100 rn but before the change they had dropped to 700.

Ppms could drop a little and that may help but they are not that high. I would suggest to let your PH swing a little more, it good for the plant uptake to swing between 5.7 and 6.3. Let it come up a little then drop it down to 5.7, you could be missing nutrient that is causing excess in others. It always helps to lower the light intensity when having a problem and could help to dim/raise it for a week.

Whats the temperature of the water and the tent?

Comment

Water temp rn is 73F, air temp is about 78F. My PH usually swings on its own for the first few days after a water change. It stabilizes after 4-5 days. I'm starting to think it might have been a deficiency since I waited 11 days to do a change this time.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            73$ is a little high and I understand that its not easy to keep that down without a chill but if you can get it down below 68f I think that would help, drooy leaf in Hydro is a tell tell sign of root problems. Even though you're running hydro guard bacteria can build at that temperature and 11 days could be the cause of droop and Nutrient burn.

As far as the nutrient goes, that could be if you are dropping from 1100ppm to 700ppm they are feeding and need that needs to stay balanced with daily checks of Ph and Ppms. At this stage id be looking at 950ppm so 700ppm is not that bad and I lean more to burn then deficiency.

Week five in flower is one of the tough ones as the plant starts having a bigger need for nutrients and care so you have a little time to correct this but the clock is ticking.

Good luck

I understand, I'll see how this water change affects them and post an update in a few days.

Comment

Like Mr Furley said, the pH must fluctuate through the entire range. Pegging the range in such a narrow margin for too long will cause some form of nute deficiency. Since they are just hitting early flower, you need to get the P and K nutes up. Are you adding Cal/Mag?

I highly recommend printing these 2 charts and keeping them on hand. Learn them well and you will have success with every grow 👍
            In hydro there are 3 things you must check every day:
            1) Water Level - How much water is the plant drinking in 24 hrs.
            2) pH level
            3) ppm/EC readings - How much *food* is she eating in 24 hrs.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Indelacio
              Indelacio commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been using cal mag from the start. Up til now the plants have been doing just fine, even with all the crazy beginner level training I've done. I even topped 5 of them and they bounced back like it was nothing. I'll take your advice though, and make sure to keep up with the water changes. Thanks for the charts!

I’d also make sure your air stones are still putting out a good amount of bubbles. Lack of O2 could cause the plants to be droopy.

Comment

After the dark period the plants have perked right up, no more droop but the tips are still yellow. However that seems to be going away. I think it just needed the water change

Comment

As you can see my ladies are doing much better today.

Comment

The great thing about hydro is being able to make a rapid change to the root environment which can boost a plant overnight. Follow those 2 guides i posted above and you can’t fail.
                  There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                  1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                  2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                  3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• RetiredGuy
                    RetiredGuy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Having done one hydro and currently finishing first soil grow, I couldn’t agree more. I was thinking soil was easier at the beginning, but now am struggling to keep root zone pH from going too low by doing frequent flushing. This would not be a issue in hydro.

I had the same symptoms on my NL and Lemon autos in Coco at week 4. I boosted my calmag and it improved overnight. Are yours Seedsman?
                  I can post some pics if you like.
                  2X4X6 Quictent
                  1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
                  600w LED (80)
                  1000w LED (180)
                  2 X Viparspectra P-1000
                  2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
                  6" battery/usb fans
                  Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
                  GH trio with Calimagic
                  Lung room humidifier
                  3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
                  ArmorSi, kelp when needed
                  Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
                  Northern Lights auto
                  (Seedsman)
                  auto 00 Kush
                  (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
                  2x Northern lights auto
                  1 auto 00 Kush
                  1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
                  Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Indelacio
                    Indelacio commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I got these off seedsman. The nutrient schedule I use said to reduce the amount of cal mag for transitioning. I would love some photos.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X