A question for my autos growers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for my autos growers.

So after this indoor grow and spring is around the corner I was thinking of going all autos for an outdoor growing. My mind is set up to try some of Gorilla Glue Auto by FastBuds. So here is my $100,000 question :

Should I grow in my 5 gallons pots or 3 gallons pots ?

Cheers,

FarmBuck
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Use both sizes and find out which works best - I would use the 3 gallon. I tried a 7 gallon pot a few years back - growing outside. - 25 days to spread her roots out in it and then she started her vertical growth as she was shooting up pistils at the same time. Did not grow up to her potential.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• qpwoeiruty
      qpwoeiruty commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I have misunderstood what you mean... It sounds like the cannabis plants have to develop a large enough root system to fill the size of the pot first and then grow the leaves and stem after.

I too have had them in both sometimes they grow larger than you expected but most the time they stay within 4ft. I used 3gal. fabric with these and just top them last summer and maybe 1-2 I did LST just to play with. Most the time i just let them go all natural why not it's a big light out side. They loved 75f and overnight temps at 55-60f grown on roof ​​​​​​​
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Ok !! Thanks my fellow growers for your recommendations. I shall go with the 3 gallons for now. I went and bought my favorite organic soil and dry fish mix. For now I'll try a WW auto while waiting for my auto beans. Tomorrow I'll go and get a new bag of perlite.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

my gorilla glue auto by fastbuds was good size, so I bet outdoors it could do well in a 5gal. I use 4gal fabric pots for mine indoor.
        I just ordered 3- 5gal fabric pots.
        4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
        1x Slapz
        1x Quikz
        2x red runtz
        1x flo-see
        1x 2B blunt
        1x persian pie

Comment

This was 3.5gal container Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210312-223859_Photos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	265.8 KB ID:	498410
          Attached Files
          4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
          1x Slapz
          1x Quikz
          2x red runtz
          1x flo-see
          1x 2B blunt
          1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X