second grow advice is appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

second grow advice is appreciated

Ive started my second grow with some bagseed in Kelloggs patio plus soil cfls and i havent decided on nutes i have box of expert gardener all purpose plant food i might useor some jobes houseplant spikes. Any suggestions on how much nutes to use and which one would be better.

You should hit the hydro store and get proper nutes
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

if you're new to growing, or even if you're not!... go to the GWE website and search nute schedule. they made a custom general hydroponics feeding schedule in a little tutorial. it works great and it makes things suuuuuper simple til you get the feel of feeding practices an how your plants react. general hydroponics flora trio is what they use, and its affordable but good quality.
      nutrients available vary widely in their mix ratios, and even an all purpose type is NOT all purpose! if you want even an average yield from ur plant, you need to feed it what it needs specifically.
      also check the growing mediums articles on the site. you can find a much more effective soil that s not expensive you just have to open a couple bags n mix it yourself.
      theres some folks here that pull ounces from plants using cfls and soil. good luck

Comment

You can use that plant food if you are very, very careful.
        1. Don't over water. Cannabis roots Love air, but need some water.
        2. Don't use that stuff until 3rd or 4th node. At least. By then you'll need to be in more soil, bigger pots, something with good drainage. If you add some healthy natural soil to the mix you will gain some micro nutrients and pH buffering. Straight potting soil is great for drainage, but not well rounded.
        3. Whatever the directions on the box say, use it quarter strength. Watch your leaves. If they are dark green, just use clear water. I don't know the fertility of your potting mix, so you'll have to let your plants tell you.
        I love your Diy attitude.
        For really great breathable pots, get some landscaping fabric and sew some up. I'm including pic of what I use.

Comment

Okay I'll look into nutes bit i plan on transplanting into walmart bags and look at more soils before the transplant

Comment

• Dagmar
            Dagmar commented
            Editing a comment
            I use soil and CFLs. I'm on my 5th grow and what I learned about soil could help you. I started with good quality potting soil from Home Depot and my plants did okay - I pulled .95 to 1.45 oz. from all my previous plants. My current grow is in week 6 of flower and from the beginning I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest (2 parts) and mixed it with Fox Farms Happy Frog (1 part) - Ocean Forest is a little strong by itself. I'm using the same 3 strains in this soil as I did previously but the difference in the number of colas, the fullness of the buds, and the earlier development of the bud tells me I could get upwards of 2 oz. off of each plant. Which, under CFLs, is pretty damn good!

I use Fox Farm Trio for nutrients but if you use Ocean Forest soil you will not need to add nutrients for at least a month. It's very rice it nutes. Happy growing!

This is my last grow not a big yield at all but the buds are pretty bomb just tried a bowl but they have at least another weak of curing before they are completely ready.

Comment

Walmart bags....plastic bags...

Oh Shit...you mean the cloth reusable ones that you buy...cool...that should work, huh

Comment

• spader1r
              spader1r commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea theyre like 50 cents and ive watched plenty of videos claiming they work great so i figured id give them a try

I love the 50 cent solution.

Comment

Updated picture theyre lookin good except for a little burn on far ones keaf tips

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X