First Grow 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow 2021

I was just watering my plants and decided I would share a few pics hope you guys like them. Also if you guys see anything that doesn’t look good let me know. That small blue dream in the middle has had hooked leafs and the leafs look like that TMV pics nebula has on her tutorials. Usually when I get one they grow out of it but this one still growing the same but it’s not slowing down it’s keeping up with the other 2 small plants in the middle. I’m going to let her grow and see what I get out of her. The rest are all Alaskan Purple and the other 2 little ones is Gorilla breath and Sapphire Scout. 3 seeds to fill the space and 5 clones. Also I got rid of the two 20 gallon pots and now I’m growing in 5 gallon pots. Clackamas Coot soil mix. Also the flowering girls are Autos lemon skunk and the other lemon skunkXNorrhern Lights.. In 3 gallon pots.

You are going to run out of room eventually... get a bigger tent !!

Also it looks like some of them are starting to go a little pale green. If this is the case it's likely a nitrogen deficiency so you need to feed more nitrogen especially in Veg stage.

I hope you have autos in one tent and photos in the other too....
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Hey Cali what beautiful plants yes it's gonna get crowded but you'll figure it out i'm sure you got skills. How funny i just put a lemon skunk x NL also into a wet towel. It's a auto also from one of our fellow growers on here i never grew this mix before. We'll have something in common mine are going into some small folgers coffee containers. I'm fond of small container grows with autos. Most the time they are in 3gal. fabrics. Look forward to seeing your progress
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Earlygrower
        Earlygrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Curious why you like smaller pots for autos. I just started 2x blue dream autos. Just moved from solo cups to 1 gal fabric and am planning 5 gal as final home. So curious why you prefer 3 gal.

• Cali
        Cali commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal Thanks for the kind words. I will keep updating as much as I can and looks like we will be smoking the same strain. I got my autos from the same person here on the forum if I’m not mistaken. Grew one last year turned out to be really good can’t recall exactly her name but I hope these are as good as that one. Hope to see yours to compare the difference being that we grow in different environments, media, pot size, and of course you have more experience than I do.

What is on top the soil in the pots, landscape fabric? Purpose?

Equipment
      5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
      ———————————————————————————————————-
      1st Grow
      Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
      Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
      Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

• Cali
        Cali commented
        Editing a comment
        MrPNW. Yes it is fabric. I use it to keep my soil from drying o it fast. In this soil it’s best to keep the top 2 inches from drying out completely because that is where most of the microbes and enzymes are working to break down organic matter to turn it into nutrients for my plants. The brown on top is Malted Barley it’s all enzymes that help the microbes with making nutrients.

Great looking grow! Nice, neat clean and green!
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

Earlygrower Not sure if you were asking me but the reason I use 3 gallon pots is, 1 I can fit them in my 2x2 easily. #2 the most experienced growers in this forum recommend 3 gallon pots is big enough for autos as they don’t grow as big as feminized or regular plants and it’s my understanding that the roots spread and once they feel the side of the pots they start to grow on top.

Comment

• Earlygrower
          Earlygrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Cali - thx for chiming in! I appreciate the 411

No he's asking me Cali i use the small containers for challenging myself for small space grows in future. That's why i do it Earlygrower and i do grow them in 3gal fabric pots also. I go from cup to final pot i never use fabric to transfer plants. If i plan to transfer it goes into small plastic solo cup right into final pot.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Earlygrower
          Earlygrower commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal - thank you! 1st grow was 3 photos in 3 gal and thought I’d try 5 this time as I’m only growing 2 ladies.

Will rethink this...they’re fine in 1 gal for now. Last grow I went solo cup - 1 gal - 3 gal and worked fine but maybe was just extra work for me

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup the smaller pots work well for autos but they do grow well in 5 gallon as well. In my opinion autos don't grow that much bigger in 5 gal pots. Again its a matter of preference. I too just decided to try smaller "pots" (converted storage bins) and the grow is small but so far generous...got some really nice fat nugs

We drink lots of coffee and we reuse our empties for plants.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Just a quick update. They are getting crowded, but after a good defoliation they don’t look as big. Hoping for the small ones to hopefully catch up before I flip them. Also should I defoliate my Autos that are now flowering? Not sure about how to train an Auto I don’t want to hurt my yields.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Cali i do remove some big fans on autos. It's late for those autos they get really brittle fast to tie down arms. I have but with small paperclips to begin with i just straighten them make a hook. They look really good. All i ever did is top and LST when young autos. Too late now i think for yours?

They look so good I have to admit. What CBD products do you guys like using the most, by the way? I would like to grow my own soon, but I am pretty far from it... I think those from Area52 look really interesting. What are you thoughts on those? thank you in advance for any input here
          Last edited by poeras; 03-25-2021, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Just another update. The girls keep bushing out and are getting a bit big in there so I decided to flip and defoliate. Maybe one more defoliation at the 3 week mark of the flip. The autos are looking alright one is getting yellow. Treated all of the plants to some alfalfa and kelp tea top dressed with craft blend and worm castings. Next update we shall see if it makes a difference??
            Last edited by Cali; 03-23-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Boy oh boy that is getting tight, but really good looking grow. I'm making room in my 12/12 tent for my next 4 photos. My autos will be getting there own tent within a week finally.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X