Why are my plants wilting/drooping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are my plants wilting/drooping?

My plants started wilting when I transplanted them from their rock wool block into solo cups about a week ago. Yesterday I looked at the cups and there were roots flying out of the bottom so I transplanted them into 3 gal fabric pots hoping that after a nice water they would perk back up, but they did not. I am feeding at 385 ppms and the runoff today came out at around 285 on one plant and 365 on the other. The runoff pH was fine at around 5.5 - 6 so everything is appearing pretty normal right? I have watered the plant 4 times, letting the coco get dry every time before rewatering. Why are my plants drooping? any ideas? Possibly transplant shock... twice? Pictures included.
    Last edited by tonyh; 01-29-2017, 11:36 PM.

Looks to be a bit transplant shock, are you adding nutes yet? If not you should. She will be fine in a few days just relax and breathe until then. Peace!
    Perpetual setup!

Comment

That is transplant shock like NA420 said.
      They will also look like that because you JUST watered. the tops look fine so I wouldn't worry.
      That coco you transplanted into doesn't have enough drainage. I would mix 1perlite : 3soil to that mix.

Comment

Just had a couple of mine do the same . I could not save them . I believe my first water was too much. I even pulled them and rinsed in ph water and light nutes and re-poted . I waited too long. Next batch on half the H20 and they are thriving. Same soil medium .....Pro mix and added perilite. They were so healthy going in. I'm just learning myself.
        2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Agree with BG Bud. Too much water. The roots want more air, the tops want more light.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X