Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you grow autoflowers outdoors during spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you grow autoflowers outdoors during spring?

as title asks.
    Im wondering can you grow autoflowers outdoors. doesn't light scedule stress it?
    For example it will be spring anytime soon so if I plant auto outdoors . will harvest be during summer? Is that doable.

That’s what I’m doing right now. I have to admit I don’t think they will grow much. At least mine won’t or it looks that way because it’s been raining and cold AF here in Cali so I noticed they looked like they haven’t been growing much. Maybe when it gets warmer I just thought we were done with rains here and cold but nope. To answer your question though, yes you. An and yes they will be ready for summer and no the lights won’t hurt anything because it’s auto flower since again that’s why I decided to try outdoors before the dog days of summer I just got a little ahead of myself.

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks, appriciated

Of course. I’m starting in 2-3 weeks with outdoor growing.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey thanks for answer

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I could but here I have to wait around mid May to start wife's garden not before but then Canada is Canada hey ?

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are already having days with 20-22 Celsius now. Night time is still a little cold, so I wait a couple of weeks

yes.............as long as it's 50 degrees day and night

Comment

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean as long as it doesn't drop below 50 degrees. Autos would take forever at that temp...

Okay, thanks everyone for feedback

Comment

From my experience last Spring- I'm gonna say that it all depends on your climate & the weather patterns that roll through this yr. WPM is a bitch & cloudy days can slow that all important initial growth.

Comment

I grow some outside, I dont see why not, though they dont get a big as they would with more light and controlled conditions. They can be covered for rains, and even frosts, yes they dont like cold but can survive, photos dont like cold either.

Comment

I'm planning to start a batch of Autos indoors in early April, grow them out till early May under optimal conditions and then relocate to a sunny spot outside till harvest in June.

Haven't done that before but don't see why it won't work out.
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I've never grown an auto outdoors. This time of year I imagine the yield would be reduced compared to an 18/6 indoor light schedule. You piqued my interest so I planted an Auto BlueBerry Domina with two tomato plants I started indoors and just put outside yesterday. I'll know in 75days. Thanks for giving me an excuse to grow.
            Side note - 26 days ago we had snowmageddon in Texas. Today it was 82F

Comment

• Cunjo420
              Cunjo420 commented
              Editing a comment
              wish all the luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X