Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange canna butter question?

Hi,
    I have made canna butter, twice, using Nebula’s instructions. The first time was excellent so I know I am doing it right, The next time I used some old weed. Probably not enough as the resulting canna butter wasn’t very potent.

Question, can I make it again using the canna butter I froze a few weeks ago? No new butter to be added?

Of course, I would need to add weed and go thru all the same steps in the tutorial, but I would just use the canna butter instead of adding new, fresh butter.

Has anyone tried this? How did it come out? I hate to waste weed if It doesn’t t have a chance of succeeding.

I don’t care much about the taste as I’m not going to bake with it. I put some on a cracker to disguise the flavor...quick and easy. This gives me better control depending on how happy I want to feel.

I may also try it in a small amount, at first, as a test.

Thanks all, keep staying safe!🥰
    Spanks

I see one gaping problem with this plan weed has this goldielock zone where it’s been converted from THCA to THC but hasn’t degraded this is why most butter recipes call for a narrow temperature and time range across many recipes if you heat canna butter you’ll just be continuing the process you halted so the large portion of thc that’s in the butter will degrade as the new weed THCA is converted to THC the only way I think is to use fresh butter a little stronger than normal then mix that into the weak butter when it’s cool to form a normal strength butter mixture

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I read an article that said the THC does change to CBN with over processing. It may depend on what you want.

Thanks K. Makes sense and sounds like a good solution. I’m thinking less butter in the new mix to make it more potent rather than possibly wasting extra weed, if it doesn’t work. I feel like a mad scientist experimenting in the lab!

Comment

Exactly! But isn't the process and reward a blast!!
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

I wonder what the saturation point of butter is to the weed? Making canna butter better is something i would really like to understand. Someone posted some really good sites on decarbox just recently thanks it was very interesting. I still am after some more knowledge on the topic.
        I have some canna butter in the fridge that will make its way into some chocolate today. The easiest way to medicate at home in front of the family late afternoon/evening in front of the TV.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X