Changing light cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing light cycle

HI fellow growers. Quick questionabout light cycle. I would like to change my flowering cycle from 4pm-4am to 4am-4pm. It is 4 weeks into flower. Is this feasibile to do at this time Thanks LemonBud
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

I've done it by doubling my dark cycle had no visible effects.

Comment

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Smokesteve

Hey LemonBud , 24 hours dark should not hurt in any way, just don't do 24 hr light. I'm doing an experiment right now in flower by reducing the light time by 1 hour incrementally every two weeks until I reach 9 on, 15 off. When plants get less than 12 hours light each day they produce a hormone called Florigen which causes buds to form.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• DaGreenBlazer
      DaGreenBlazer commented
      Editing a comment
      That's real interesting to hear dude - I've often wondered myself, since alot of people invest in extra spectrum bulbs for final weeks for flowering, whether also reducing actual light hours at end to also mimic real life conditions would work to bring improvements too. I've always thought that giving it the idea season is ending pushes it into some sort of final flourish, tho never tried it myself - would love to hear how it turns out dude!

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tokabigone Big Bambu Yea Good Luck on your experiment Big Buds are good.

• Cloud
      Cloud commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been doing this for over a year and it works great. Potency and weight same as 12/12

Yo dude, changing light cycle is no real issue if indoors as if environmental conditions are right then they shouldn't know what actual time of day it is anyway.

If i had to adjust like you say, i would do it in 6 increments of an extra 2 hrs darkness per night so then in 6 nights time they wake up at 4am and go back to usual 12/12 - that's only my personal preference as that sort of phase in they would never notice. If you're urgent and haven't got time and desperately need to do it, then just make sure you give them the extra 12 hours of darkness, not of light (i.e go to sleep at 4am then wake up at 4am) as that'd be the less stressful option of the two. And if they happy plants already then it shouldn't stress them too much tbh.

Comment

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DaGreenBlazer

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X