It’s been 1yr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s been 1yr

I just noticed that this month is my 1yr anniversary as a GWE member. I’m a long time grower, only I’m old school and skittish as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs when it comes to my illegal hobby. Due to that I never researched growing online over fears of being busted. Then things changed.

In January of 2020 I decided to try switching over to LED’s to eliminate the heat issue with HPS summer grows. I first attempted to replace my 400w HPS with a Amazon burple that claimed to produce the same as a 250w HPS at only 80w 😂😂😂 (yea I fell for it but it had tons of great bot reviews) I never even made it to flower with that light. It didn’t take me long to realize it’s description and the reviews were bs. If it can’t veg as well as my 200w T5 fixture, how’s it going to flower better than any HPS?

Anyways, I have to thank Amazon for their bs light/description/fake reviews because they got me doing something I’d never done since the invention of the internet, I researched growing marijuana which eventually led me to finding GWE.

It was after reading a few articles I decided these folks seem to know their stuff and went with Nebula’s LED recommendations of either HLG or Electronic Sky. Thanks to covid and the first round of stimulus checks HLG’s were on back order and since I had the money to burn I went with the more expensive Electric Sky lights and 4 grows later I couldn’t be happier with my choice. I only used my portable ac a couple weeks last July and my plants have more color during flower than I’ve ever had. Not to mention they’re frostier Bc the HPS isn’t burning those pretty tops.

Since joining this site my part time hobby of only growing a few clones from my moms when our supply starts to get low has turned into a nonstop 2 tent, perennial grow. I’ve ordered seeds online, found auto flowers as a neat little side grow, bought another tent/fan/light 😂, discovered how to manifold a plant (which beats the crap out of a mainline timewise), discovered edibles, tincture, Cana butter, found out that the Magical Butter Machine is worth its weight in gold, as well as numerous tricks and techniques used by other growers that’s really made this hobby fun. Now instead of growing a plant just to have some smoke I’m doing experiments and trying new things. Who knew, a old dog can learn new tricks.

To all the growers on here I’ve talked to over the last year, made comments on their posts and they’ve commented on mine (too many to list but they know who they are) or I just glared at their plants in amazement, I thank everyone of you with the utmost gratitude. This site and it’s members are an absolute wealth of knowledge. So once again, much thanks and appreciation 🙏🏻

BTW that cheap ass 80w burple has proven to be effective as a low wattage heat source in my veg tent when it gets super cold 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well said and it's a pleasure seeing how well your grows have gotten. I also kept my old vipar as a veg light and tent heater going now outdoors on da porch.

You stick around ya here
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully I won’t get going anywhere, anytime soon 😉

Great write up on how you found your way in to this website - all I did was put "grow weed" into google and it directed me to this website and i really haven't been anywhere else.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re not missing out! I joined a few at first, this is the only one I stated on. People here actually seem to legitimately want to help each other. People be arguing on other forums about who’s plant looks better and other nonsense

Happy Anniversary bboy, My story is very similar to yours and I completely share your sentiments even tho I am just a Nov newby on my first indoor grow, I've enjoyed your comments and thoughts too going "way back".
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Great write up bboyfromwayback. I share a similar experience. This site and its members are worth their weight in weed.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Happy Anniversary and hope you have many more great grows!

Comment

Love this community I joined shortly after my step dad passed away and I became the weed grower for the family with no experience I’ve asked probably 25+ questions since then and received an answer or multiple answers every time I’ve never seen a negative comment on any thread the meanest thing I’ve seen is constructive criticism I thought it was weird I had to get authorized before joining a Reddit like forum at first but I see now that extra work really improves the community thanks everyone and may the weed god give you massive harvests of the stickiest most tasty flower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X