Just screwing around a bit !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just screwing around a bit !!

Thought I would post the progress on this grow as it was a bit of an experiment.

I decided to try something different. Instead of using my 5 gallon fabric pots I opted for 3 gallon rectangular plastic storage containers that I had lying around. I drilled some holes in them for drainage and set them on top of their lids slightly propped up to allow drainage/overflow to be easily sucked up by my wet vac.

I didn't have any fresh FFO soil so I just kept reusing it during the pandemic. I had barely enough to grow 3 plants and even at that each container only has about 2 gallons of soil.

I knew they would grow small because of the container sizes but I was concerned of the photos getting root bound. I knew the Northern Lights Auto would do fine because Autos typically grow smaller especially in smaller containers.

The photos, both Alaskan Purple, are actually doing quite well at week 6 of flower. The Northern lights is ready for harvest and the buds are quite fat!!

I used water from the tap PH'd to 6.5 and the General Hydroponics Flora Trio plus CalMag under a ViparSpectra R900 900Watt LED. Humidity was never checked. Temps averaged 24C.

It was an interesting experiment and is working well. a little nitrogen deficiency happening but otherwise interesting looking Purples. The top leaves are the reason they are called purples...they start to brighten up with color and smell almost fruity !!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210226_110331587.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	497655Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210226_110200108.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.68 MB ID:	497656Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210226_110238735.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	497657Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210310_102107225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.44 MB ID:	497658
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Great job with this grow. I don't think i've done a photo in that small container. Ah what's a little tip burn nothing harmed it's how we learn. Hmmm like to know the yield from these similar to a good auto ? I like my vipars until it breaks then i use it just for veg.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like the Northern Lights, the only Auto in this group, will produce at least 40 grams maybe more...not sure about the purples yet. Considering the experiment, I knew yields would be typically smaller but still potent if done correctly. It didn't disappoint. Interesting note, the NL was from a seed that was old... maybe 2 years. It was the only one of three that germinated so I had to grab to of my other seeds that just happened to be Photos. They were freebies, Alaskan Purple and like i mentioned look real interesting colorwise as they mature and they are fruity smelling...Quite a good experiment overall!!!
      Last edited by dilvish; 03-10-2021, 06:48 PM.

Great job dilvish I'm struggling with my old seeds cracking. I too been trying with some old garden of green berry strain gifted to me now i know why LOL just kidding. Very cool grow.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X