May Have Started Flushing Too Soon Not Seeing Amber Trichs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL May Have Started Flushing Too Soon Not Seeing Amber Trichs

Hello currently doing my first indoor grow started sometime in late October I believe flipped to 12/12 the morning of dec 26 saw first pistils on my mango kush the night of dec 29 my 2 little banana mangos didn’t show till Jan 9 according to research banana mango seems to be a steady 8 week grow but mango kush had a lot of conflicting times 8-11 weeks was the range I’ve been flushing since mar 1 so 8 days now with mild blend of distilled water and molasses when I started flushing the trichs were already very milky all over so I had hoped to atleast see some amber trichs by now but as you can see from pics I just took I can’t see any I’m limited on time because the material I used to build my grow tent isn’t perfectly opaque and I built near a lot of windows the natural day lengthening is about 20 mins from waking my plants up before my lights do I guess I’m looking for advice are amber trichs that important from what I read if you don’t wait to harvest with 10%-20% amber your weed will be anxiety inducing I smoke weed to fight anxiety so that’s a big problem but then I also read that some strains don’t ever amber so I thought why not hop on my favorite weed forum and get some advice

the pic with the wad of orange pistils is my mango kush the other is banana mango
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheKieftan; 03-08-2021, 08:38 PM.

Are these Autoflowering or Photoperiod? The conflicting times might be because they are referencing auto versus photo. a better pic of the whole plant would help along with as much information on your grow as possible.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      They’re all photoperiod I did raise the lights when I started flushing because I read lowering light intensity can trigger ripening they’re also in pots much smaller than probably best because I needed to intentionally stunt growth I’ll add a pic of my plants all the limbs tied together are from my single mango kush in a 3 gallon pot in the far right in the background you can see a cola of one of my banana mangoes my mango kush was a clone my banana mangoes were started from seeds both bought at escalated greens

Most of us that want amber translate 8-9 weeks into 11-12 weeks, and 8-11 becomes 11-13. Breeders time lines are for max THC under perfect conditions, my 8-9ers are starting week 11 now. As long as the trics are all milky the racy paranoid part is (mostly) gone.

Comment

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I was afraid of something like this after reading the harvest weights I knew I wasn’t getting that I just hoped the timeframes were the same I just fed my girls they weren’t looking to good after 9 days starving I’ll probably nute 7 days and go back to flushing or just wait till I see some amber trichs to start flushing to be sure probably what I shoulda done in the beginning

Hi TheKieftan boy your grow looks great such lovely tops on them. I have fallen into the flush trap far to often to early. It happens when we are very short on our stash and try to finish with not giving the last good dose of bloom nutes what ever that may consist of. I have done the same thing you have done but do not worry you will not loose by doing another feed and waiting. Have you ever used unsulfurated molasses in the last waterings? Do not be to hard on yourself exciting and being a tad anxious is part of first few grows getting close to harvest. You done great
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Just don’t flush them, and let them eat the last nutrients in the pot for the next weeks.
      I stop using nutrients maybe 3 weeks before harvest. And they only get molasses. But I’m not watering until run off, I let my plants eat the rest in the pot for the last weeks before harvest and eating the molasses also. This is also good if you maybe stop using nutrients a little to early, then just don’t water to run off.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X