Overwatering in Coco??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Overwatering in Coco??

Hey so I'm just wondering if the girl on the left looks overwatered? She does to me but I've been reading on the internet and asking in forums how often/how much to water Coco and watering it to a 20-40% runoff and everyday seems to have left this girl struggling for breath, any ideas where to go from here? Should I just leave watering for a few days and let the Coco dry up a little bit or continue watering with less frequency/ less quantity? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you growers!
    Attached Files
    Current Grow: 1X Mimosa Evo - 1X BCN Critical XXL
    Medium: Atami Coco substrate with 30% perlite mixed in 1 gallon fabric pots until 3 gallon transfer

Space​​: 3 foot X 3 foot X 6 foot lined in pandafilm

Lighting: Mars Hydro TSW2000 at 20 inches away using dimmer to control light output

Nutrients: Shogun A+B, Vitamax Calmag, Shogun pK 9/18, pH up & down

Average Room Temp: 22°C night - 25°C day --- 71.6°F night - 77°C day.

Average RH: 50% - 80% in seedling stage, 50% - 70% in vegative stage, 30% - 50% in Flower

Methods Used: TBD

I would say over watered on that plant. Don't water every day and yes let it dry out a bit. As soon as it picks up, transplant it.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Beginnersprouter
      Beginnersprouter commented
      Editing a comment
      You think transplant them when they pick up a bit?

Soooo is that heater in the picture just blasting right at that plant all the time?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Beginnersprouter
      Beginnersprouter commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, it's on rotate at the back but I know I should raise the heater asap, it was just temporary

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Beginnersprouter

It would be a good idea to at least point it away from the plants, moving it would be best.

Coco can be overwatered in the way of too much, to Frequently. Roots need o2 and keeping the plant saturated will cause root problems, slow growth and so on... Coco is very forgiving but can be a problematic.

Is your pot drying out in 24hrs or is it always wet and heavy? Do you have the time to water your plant 3 times a day?

For Coco you can water frequently in small pots but it is done by repeating the feeding multiple a day. If your pot dries out three quarters to half the weight when you pick it up you can water onces a day but watering once a day with a soaked medium is were you find the "overwatering line".

Typically the best results for a new grower with coco is to lift the pot after watering, lifted it the next day and check the top of the coco for moisture, you'll feel the difference as the pot dries. When the pot is half the wet weight then water, Usually between 24 hours and 60 hours depending on how much the plant drinking, pot size, temperatures, humidity, and so on....

It looks like you are in a fabric pot so don't transplant she is in her forever home now. BTW is it a Auto or a photoperiod plant?
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 03-05-2021, 11:45 PM.

I would say your watering too often. Watering till 20% runoff is fine, but then you need to let the roots get some air. Sitting in soaked coco all the time is sure to cause issues with roots. I like to water my plants till runoff(so their pretty much soaked) Then no more water for a couple of days. Let the pots dry out. Repeat when pots are light to pick up. Try not giving them any water for a day or two and see if droopy perks up. good growing
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Following thread.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X