No announcement yet.

New Oscillating Fan with pole clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read on the Vivosun site, that they are out of stock now and that the fan is being upgraded. The illustration of the motor shows the parts being stronger and long lasting. It says the fan can do both 90 H and 120 V pattern. Was that always the case? I wonder if they are attempting to UL approve it?

VIVOSUN GROW TENT CLIP-ON OSCILLATING FAN (UPGRADING)
    https://vivosun.com/collections/vent...7d5f37d0&_ss=r
    • VIVOSUN Grow Tent Clip-on Fan is doing product upgrading currently, a better version will coming out in the future.
    • SPECIALIZED DESIGN - The great fan is specifically made to be connected to the poles in the tent so they don't slide down the pole
    • CIRCULATES FRESH AIR - Triple spiral fan blades are angled to deliver efficient airflow with high and low settings to keep you and your plants cool and comfortable
    • QUIET, SECURE UNIT - Sturdy, lightweight mesh exterior protects the fan blades and the fan's surroundings from damage. High-quality components keep this fan running whisper-soft
    • FULLY ADJUSTABLE - The fan is simply adjusted by a shake rod to direct airflow exactly where you need it. This oscillating fan has an exceptional 90-degree horizontal range and 120-degree vertical range
    • VERSATILE APPLICATIONS - The sturdy, compact fan is ideal for circulating air in grow tents for even temperatures and improved ventilation
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7B02AF2E-E7D3-4F35-BD5D-6152E84DE215.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	502734Click image for larger version

Name:	E0671706-AD24-4717-AA89-9FF883DBA36F.jpeg
Views:	293
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	502737Click image for larger version

Name:	EECA1EC0-DF83-42D1-A14E-77862172848E.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	502736Click image for larger version

Name:	1A07D2DE-6B9D-4C03-8092-CE11300D25B7.jpeg
Views:	302
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	502735Click image for larger version

Name:	50C57D0E-FEB1-4881-9B95-2CE39E66EF4E.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	502733
    Last edited by MrPNW; 03-28-2021, 03:41 PM.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

So this seems to be what is being upgraded. Would someone be willing to open a broken Vivosun to show how those innards differ to this new illustration?
      I’m thinking Growbuds talked with the manufacturer of who made the Vivosun fan, got them to address the issues, had them make it in black/w logo and released it this year. I’m not seeing any real differences to my Growbuds fan to these photos on Vivosun’s site.

I may just open one of mine in a couple weeks if I have some pictures of what was changed. The illustration says new bearings. So is that ‘new’ as in never had them before or as in upgraded bearings from inferior quality?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A4A7A95B-D78A-4313-90C9-0C1B7D542C3B.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	502742

Equipment
      5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
      ———————————————————————————————————-
      1st Grow
      Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
      Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
      Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Yo dude, just to let you know, Rik is totally correct - only the cable is UL Listed, none of the rest of the fan. UL Listed cable is cheap as chips though sending your assembled product off to be certified is whole load more investment, so most will be using that cable anyway cause it means they get to use the logo still.

You can tell from firstly on the box, where it's classic cheapo tactic having the UL Listed line sit after the cable description so it means it's not an illegal claim about the whole product, which having it sit as a separate bullet point would be, yet they can still fool people into believing whole product has been certified. Secondly in the manual, the only standards they say the fan conforms to are general Chinese domestic electrical appliance standards and if the whole fan was UL Listed then you would very much expect them to be including that in this section!

There's no reason to say they're junk, and my experience with cheap MiC stuff is it normally just stops working rather than is any actual risk, though yep i agree worth keeping an eye on as always.
        Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 03-28-2021, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• MrPNW
          MrPNW commented
          Editing a comment
          You may have missed my post on 03-27-2021, 02:09 PM. I agree with Rik there and explain how there are no labels or markings. I’ve even emailed to company asking for UL verification, which I doubt they have.

I’m aware of the long drawn out procedure to obtain actual UL listing. Just went through it with a heating mat with ac infinity. I was sent an old version that did not have the UL mark on it like the photo in the ad. They reimbursed me and are sending me the new model when back in stock.
          Last edited by MrPNW; 03-29-2021, 02:50 AM.

• DaGreenBlazer
          DaGreenBlazer commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, good to hear they reimbursed you then dude, and hopefully they'll prove me wrong in future and come back to market with some game-changing clip-on!

And not being rude to the company either, as they're welcome to sell whatever they please, but their email response to you says it all too!!

Dealing with these companies is always hilarious, as I mean, do they expect anyone to believe they've even got an R&D dept doing product upgrade work atm??!

Are they currently trying to revolutionise brushless motor technology? Are they looking into making seamless, one-piece castings of fan blades??! I very much think not lol!

What this email basically translates as is; better parts cost too much at the moment and when we can source them cheaper we will do!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X