Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Cry for HELP - leaves turning a funny colour

Hi there!

Looking for some friendly advice as a first timer. Growing auto white widow outdoors (I've already heard that maybe auto is not the ideal choice for a beginner, but it sounded so compelling!). At about day 70 now, a couple of mid stalk leaves are turning yellow brownish. At the top some smaller new leaves are turning what seems purple. Buds not fully formed at all.
    Temp has been 15-19 degrees celsius, although we had a few days of cold snap.
    The soil seems a bit moist now for some time and have some gnats.

Any advice on what will hopefully be the last few days/weeks of growth please?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

15C is a bit too cold.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

That is a bit chilly.
      Is that another yellowing plant behind the WW? That was confusing for a second!
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Actually white widow does well in cooler climates if you are growing it outdoors. It still needs a minimum 8 hours of direct sunlight though. At 15C the soil will take longer to dry out so just wait until the first 2 inches of soil are dry to the touch before watering again.

You would need to provide more information if you want more help. The plant is quite small for 70 days so I can only assume either the soil doesn't agree with it or it's not getting enough sunlight.

Do you PH your water? Add any nutrients?
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

From Those temperatures the plants looks what is it from the environment you give. Lack of sunlight and properly heat.
          Not much you can do in my experience.
          I learn that the hard way in Denmark outside
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

You will do better at 22-26C, they dont grow well when chilled.

Comment

Many thanks for all the feedback. Definitely not ideal to grow during these colder months, I'll try again once the weather improves.
              @Catfish22no those are other garden plants :-)
              @dilvish thanks, for now will see what happens with this one. I do use nutrients but no ph control.

Comment

Yo dude, I've never grown weed outdoors at all, though done plenty of gardening, and in case they're any help, general tips to combat cold and keep the heat in the rootzone are:
                1. ​​​​raise pot off ground onto a few house bricks,
                ​​​​​2. wrap the outside of the pot in an insulating jacket of some sorts (even few scarves, old blankets wrapped round and covered with binbags for waterproofing work, etc)
                3. cover topsoil with either permeable covering like wood/bark chippings or just each evening cover over topsoil with a couple of weighted down newspapers wrapped in plastic bag and remove in morning.
                4. If it's seriously cold or risk of frost, then each evening cover the whole bush in a coat of a couple of binbags (or preferably more something more solid like a rubble sack) and remove in morning.

You basically want to aim to keep any radiant heat from the day's sun trapped in the pot at night!

In any cold temperature type problems, it will always be because root zone got cold, and if you can keep the rootzone itself as warm as possible then a plant body can tolerate alot more colder and wider ranging above ground temps without being affected so much - it's once the rootzone gets cold, that's when slow growth and problems creep in. In fact, in general, the rootzone is the most important part of any plant, so always good to give the pots as much care as the leaves!
                Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 03-05-2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• dilvish
                  dilvish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  or stick an electric blanket underneath them as long as it doesn't rain.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X