I this odd color a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I this odd color a problem?

Hi , I’m hoping this is just a strain thing - it’s Acapulco Gold and broke surface 10 days ago, I have a few other strains in same soil and have given them only 6.4 ph well water - any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

I'd say it's time for nutrients and I would transplant soon to. But that's me and I usually go seed to final pot.
    havent used much photoperiod, but I did just transplant my clones.
    have you fed nutes at all yet
    ps. Just zoomed in. Looks purple genetics but does that strain turn purple? Cold temps?
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

I didn't think it had any purple - do you really think it should be fed already? I’m going to transplant pretty soon

Comment

What sort of temps are you maintaining?
        Colder temps will bring out purples and such. I would think that Acapulco Gold would be a sativa and would react to cooler temps.
        Happy farming!
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

It’s a consistent 75 in the room - it is dry though - 38% - humidifier is on its way

Comment

Do you think the light can do this ?

Comment

give it time. It looks like part of the normal growth. some strains just start out a bit odd looking. if you are in super soil no need for nutes for about 3 weeks. If you are in coir you should be feeding them nutes already.
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

You're right, it should be transplanted.

The purple color is normal, it's a genetic disposition. I've had that early purple on an African strain, right in the center of (what's going to be) the uppermost bud. Temps can cause purpling but other times it's going to happen no matter the temperature because the color is in its genes

Comment

Yo dude, I'd say it looks fine enough to me - the leaves look a little hardy-ish already, though that's probably due to low humidity only just toughening em up abit early. Plus next to fresh new lime green growth it'll look extra contrasted anyway. To save on dehumidifier, you could always pop in a propagator for few days or build DIY cling-film prop over top of pot, though it looks past the fragile seedling stage of caring too much now anyway, though never hurts to go gentle with sativas.

Pot and feed wise, if the soils anything light or above then if me I would still water only for next couple weeks and wait before nutes, and i always like to let them get to few nodes high in seedling cups before transplant, so rootball builds up bit bigger - that is personal preference though and dependent on what plant saying to you anyway. Be cool to see how it grows!

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya man Wise wants to be feed, BBQ will do nicely! LOL

Transplanted three so far including the funny colored one. My Mimosa has been drooping - didn’t think I over watered but could have.

Comment

• DaGreenBlazer
                    DaGreenBlazer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yo, they all looking like healthy little seedlings and at home already! If you not aware already, plants can sometimes look abit less vigorous for up to a few days after transplant but then generally perk up once they start chomping into their new food source, so don't sweat their appearance too much atm.

Over-watering is always an issue to be aware of too, and definitely always better to underwater than over-water - they'll drink too little a lot quicker than they will if it's too much, so is far easier to correct, plus the analogy i learnt was staying thirsty is far better than staying drowning!

Yeah I almost dropped the one in the 1 gallon pot while transplanting - it looked pretty sick for one day then perked up. I’m using different pot sizes to see what I should do in the future relative to # of transplants - I am gonna do one more variation using s solo sized bio degradable container (paper bag) directly into a 7 gallon bag. Hopefully they won’t get too big in the next 2 months before they go outside.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X