Tent and equipment disinfection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tent and equipment disinfection

Has anyone used a UV light / ozone generator to disinfect your tents and equipment? Supposed to be good for killing mold spores.

Like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Germicidal-Sa...s%2C257&sr=8-8
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Huh, never thought about an ozone generator. I have one I can use.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Same here. Don't know if it produces enough to work for that but would be pretty cool if it did.

Comment

No but hospital i worked at use big units to sterilize OR rooms. Robo unit moved all around OR big sign do not enter. UV?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

mold is only going to be an issue if the humidity is too high and/or the plants are overwatered. a plain old garden sprayer with 50% peroxide sprayed and left on for 30 minutes or more will do the trick just as well. Unfortunately mold spores are everywhere so if it's an issue on a regular basis it's your humidity/watering practices.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Doesn’t have to be high humidity that makes WPM.
            I can also be present in very low humidity as well.
            Just because you have high humidity isn’t equal with you will get WPM. Mold can bare an issue in most environments also in dry spots. It’s all about if you invite it into your grow room.
            where I live is pretty damn dry and still my veggie garden gets WPM.
            I can’t get under 55-60% RH in my tent when I water all my plants in 40 liter pots 2 times a week and I’m in flowering week 6 right now. Even with a humidifier. So no high humidity isn’t equal with WPM..
            And I had been overwatering the plants in the start also.

it needs to be invites also to the grow room. Or else I would have WPM all over my tent if what you are saying is correct.

80-20 alcohol/water does the trick pretty much. It eradicate all the living organisms. And it’s not killing my veggie plants and it’s not killing my cannabis plant..
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• dilvish
              dilvish commented
              Editing a comment
              He said mold, not White powder mildew. I assume that is what you are speaking to. Mold primarily thrives in damp, humid areas. They are similar in nature but not the same. If you live in a typically dry area, it is likely you simply experience less spores because they don't propagate as well so you are less likely to experience it in your grow space.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X