Watering after transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watering after transplant

Just transplanted 6 plants from 1gal plastic pots into 3gal fabric pots. Root systems were in various stages with one plant almost root bound. I transplanted into ocean forest. One bag of soil seemed pretty wet and I used it for 4 of the plants and the second bag was pretty dry so I watered with about 2 1/2 cups of plain water after transplanting. All soils are moist but not wet. Should I water more? I’ve already had problems early on with over watering and have resolved the issue but I don’t want to go down that road again. Since I have bigger pots and no roots absorbing water from new soil what is the best plan for watering the first time after transplant and each time after until I can figure out my new schedule once the plants are established in their new pots

Just be sure you water the whole pot when you water. After transplant your plants roots will start growing and figuring out how big their new home is. And if they hit dry spots they won't grow as well if any. Just make sure you get it all from here on out.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

With fabric pots you will get good drainage but don't let them sit in any run off as they will absorb it back up. Just remember the soil needs to dry out a bit before the next watering. the first 1.5 - 2 inches deep of topsoil should be dry before the next watering. With fabric pots they can dry out much quicker depending on the heat levels in the grow space.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X