No announcement yet.

Don’t know if I’m flowering or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Don’t know if I’m flowering or not.

First time grower and I thought I would try auto flowers. Bought my seeds from someone other than on your list of seed banks. I got white widow feminized auto flowers. I THINK? I’m at week 6. DWC. I have 2 spider farmer sf 1000 in a 4x4 tent. I’m running 18/6 at 100% power. GH nutrient solution at 50% strength. I add a seaweed extract. Things seem to be going great, but do I see signs of flowering? Are they still vegging? I am afraid to trim too much or to often if they are autos. Having a great time, even with all the concern for my babies! Also first time in any sort of forum so I hope my pics get in and such. Here are my pictures from yesterday. Oh. My temps are in high 70’s and humidity is around 50%.

What is the age on Them ? How old?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      He said week 6. I’m not an auto grower but that seems like enough veg for an auto right?

They look perfect. Should start to show signs of flowering soon

Comment

They look great. Six weeks is pretty long time for autos to stay in veg mode. I think it depends on what percentage of the genetics is ruderalis....low percentage *could* cause longer veg time since the bulk of the genetics is photoperiod. If you get to end of week 7 without showing any pre-flower, I’d suggest turning your lights to a 12/12 schedule for a few days to kick start the flowering, then switch back to 18/6. If it’s an auto, it’ll stay in flowering mode.

Don’t worry too much about trimming an auto. They are just fine with it. I would start by plucking the largest, oldest fan leaves.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have autos with 5% rudaralis only and they flower from day 19-20. So I don’t think you can put up like that.

If it’s not flowering soon it’s a photo

Thank you. I didn’t know what to do. I thought that was a long time not to see real significant signs. Will try light switch next week if nothing changes.

Comment

How long can an auto live? I know that they have only so long to live, but do they do their thing before the die or is it a finite amount of time?

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          It should live long enough to complete it’s normal flower cycle.

Hi GotGibson420
        Those plants look great! Good work so far!! I had a white widow auto (Dinafem) that did not flower in the past. I had to switch to 12/12. I think your are wise to wait another week and go to 12/12 if you see no signs of flowering. The plant that I grew still produced real well under 12/12.
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

I have had two, Amnesia Haze and Jack Herror that went 7 and almost 8 weeks before I started seeing flowering. And great looking grow!
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

If You switch to 12/12 don't change it back during flowering, means the plant wasnt automatic and requires 12/12 the entre flowering phase

Comment

I've grown a couple of white widow auto's. They took 4 months. I have grown photo's that were just about the same time frame. The white widow produced a hell of a bunch of airy buds. It was really good smoke. Your plants look great !! Personally I do the defoliation before they flower. After I see little flowers I start considering starting small fires.
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                Are they from Green House Seeds Co.? My WW autos from GHS are always 16 weeks...and always fluffy buds (which i attribute to my lights and grow methods). Maybe it’s genetic that they are loose buds?

(Loose buds still gave me over 16 oz from 1 plant of WW) 😁

• Eliot Pryor
                Eliot Pryor commented
                Editing a comment
                My seeds came from Nirvana. Fluffy or airy. I thought it was typical of auto's. But I grew a couple of Blue Mammoth auto from Barney's Farms and it produced much denser buds. Still took 4 months. I kind of gave up on auto's.

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Hapened to me too, Dinafem white widow XL and one from another breeder, both dissapointing Larfy small plants

The seeds came from Ilovegrowingmarijuana.com.

Comment

Update. Ilgm.com sent photoperiod seeds. This is why they didn’t make the reputable list Nebula and Sirius put out for us. Anyway, at least I know what I have. I flipped the lights on my girls yesterday. Bumped nutrient solution to about 75%. 100% next week. All is well. Thank you all. Happy growing!

Comment

One more mystery solved. Glad you know what happened.
                  There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
                  1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
                  2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
                  3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

At least you know what you got now. They look beautiful BTW. Happy growing!
                    5x5 Gorilla tent
                    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                    Technaflora nutes
                    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

This sounds like the Micro-Pig scam all over again!!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X