Light stress ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Light stress ?

Wassup forum so these 2 are currently day 17 of flower and this is only my 2nd grow and first time using Mars hydro tsl2000. These plants have given me a couple of issues but through trial and error i kinda figured it out lol.. my question is why can’t I turn up the power without the leaves turning yellow when it’s only at 40% power ?? I’ve done it all from adding nutes because the bigger plant was yellowing out but that did not work then I flushed and left it at 6.3 PH and 500 ppm but the color would not change and the leaves weren’t pointing up. The smaller plant is not yellowing but the tips are white and as soon as I dropped the power from 75% to 40% the bigger plant started to turn back green .. and started praying .. I’ve tried searching this topic up but can’t find anything and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue or similar. It’s kinda weird that the smaller plant looks good in my opinion but the bigger plant only a couple inches higher is just now turning green after lowering the power .. like I said it was at 75 then I dropped to 50 and then to 40 and I guess it liked 40% power lol .. will I still get a big yield using 40% power ??

4x2x6 grow tent
    2 feet from plants
    FFOF soil
    flora trio nutes
    75 degrees and 50 humidity

Move your light further away from the plants? What is the distance?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Tackitor
      Tackitor commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s currently 24 inches away from plants and it’s the highest I can raise them since I have the filter fan in the tent

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is your PH levels ?

• Tackitor
      Tackitor commented
      Editing a comment
      Ph 6.3

I have the TSW 2000 and I've fried three plants so far. What's left in my tent is a partial Gorilla Glue Auto and an Amnesia auto. The GGA I staged harvest because the top half was getting cooked. I ended up about 60% and over 30" from the top. The Swiss Dream wasn't fond of the light even reduced and further away. The middle pic shows another CBD strain that was stressed in the background. That one stopped growing at 9" tall, had crispy leaves and when I chopped it two days ago it appeared that it had enough growth packed in it for a full sized plant but it wasn't having any of it. It was even further away.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Tackitor
      Tackitor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea it’s weird how this light advertises it should be 16-18 inches away in flower and at 75-100% ..

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the same LEDs and they have been within 12" of the buds with little damage, I try to keep them at 18" and 100%. I do have some purple strains that show some leaf fade. for the LED.

Then it’s not the light. What about nutrients? Sure you didn’t give it too much nutrients then ? What is your PH levels ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Tackitor
      Tackitor commented
      Editing a comment
      PH level are both 6.3 and 500 ppm. Last watering I gave plain PH water at 6.3 enough to get 20% run off and everything checked out fine

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      At picture number 2. This these symptoms appear after the flush or was the markings there already ?

• Tackitor
      Tackitor commented
      Editing a comment
      Before the flush. The marking started off at just the tip and slowly was making its way on to more of the leaf then I thought it was nute burn so I flushed it and checked the ppm and PH and everything was in its range but the leaves still weren’t showing signs of improvement until I lowered the light intensity .. now the plant is slowly turning back green again.

For flowers you may want to bump the PH to 6.7.

Comment

were they turning pale green? sometimes letting us know what color green (pale or deep) is a clue. if they turned pale green it is likely a nitrogen deficiency. if they turned dark green it is nitrogen toxicity. Sometimes a combination of to low light with regular nutrient feedings can cause nutrient burn as well because the plant stores nutrients in low light situations. A light case of nutrient burn will only affect the tips of your leaves.

Overall the plants look otherwise healthy. if the light s at 24 " then try upping to 75% power and if you've already done a thorough flush with just plain PH'd water, try adding 5ml more of Flora Micro than what you are already using. Having said this, how much are you feeding? Are you going by the General Hydroponics recommendations or the Grow Weed Easy ones?
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Tackitor
        Tackitor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes only 1 plant was light green and the smaller plant has white tips on leaves but leaf color is green. and I thought it could possibly be nitrogen deficiency but no leaves are falling off and the lower growth is still there just light green on the bigger plant and they won’t pluck off easy. When I would feed nutes I would use the recommended on the bottle. For example when I was using flora micro it would say use 3ml-5ml I would use 3ml or sometimes 2ml always trying to play safe. Today I fed them 2ml of flora bloom and 2 ml of cal mag because last watering the ppm was at 500 and today after watering ppm is at 850 and PH at 6.3. It’s just kinda weird how once I lowered the intensity .. it started turning back to its regular green all around but some still light green.. I’ll try raising slowly and see what happens.

• dilvish
        dilvish commented
        Editing a comment
        Pale green usually means a nitrogen deficiency. It doesn't necessarily mean the lower leaves will turn yellow right away. Some strains just need more nitrogen than others. Cannabis loves light, more so than many plants. Light burn is different than light stress. if your light gives off a significant amount of heat then turning up the brightness is an issue if the light is only 24' from the canopy. You may need to move the equipment so it can be adjusted. Restricting it's height could cause problems in future grows too. What happens when the plants get taller? Turning down the amount of full spectrum light is like growing in the shade...sure there is plenty of light but not enough for the plants to produce a decent yield.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X