Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about veg time vs number of plants vs quality

Couple questions about veg time...

Do plants that are in veg for a long time have any lag time or other negative effects once you flip them to flower?

What about the dank quality? You can run 4 plants through a 30 day veg, or 2 plants through a 60 day veg and possibly get around the same yield, but is there a point where bud/terp/THC/Trichs suffer because a plant was flipped too soon or too late?

No such thing as too late. Too soon may happen sometimes resulting in long flowering and lower yield compared to a clone You take and flower a month later

Comment

I veg about 8 to 10 wks with my photos and I never saw any negative effects in my flowering stage.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

If I veg for 5-6 weeks, they take longer for the flowering starts. If I veg them for 10 weeks, they start flowering within 5-7 days already.

about the yield is more complicated- I would say a lot of factors are in the game for that. Light, condition of the plants health, environment of course also, strain also.
        I had some in 6-7 weeks of veg that gave the same yield as the ones in 10 weeks of veg. But I would say it’s the cause of the strain/phenotype. And/or environment also
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

In my photo grows i like veg for 8wks often times more do to lack of tents space. This last round i held off flowering cause i have autos prior in the same tent. And those photos showed preflower hair from the calyx and very yellow centers at bud sites that's telling me they really want to go into flower. It took less than 5days to show true flowering budlets.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

There's a lag time between veg state and flowering, it's a transition stage. I start counting "days in flower" 10 days after flip, i.e. day 11 after flip is day 1 in flower.

Comment

The longer you leave the plants in veg typically just affects size of the overall plant. the longer you veg the more flowering sites. Accordingly some strains differ from others so it can be a very generic answer.
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X