New grower looking for opinions on whether I’m ready to harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL New grower looking for opinions on whether I’m ready to harvest

Hello I’m currently growing 3 plants 2 very small sog size banana mango started from fem seeds and 1 much larger mango kush bought as a young clone my initial research showed both types had 8 week flowers but from my own observations and further research I think the mango kush may have a 9-11 week flower however I also learned smaller plants take longer to enter flower so I thought I was safe I flipped lights dec 26 by dec 29 I already was seeing a couple pistils on my mango kush I didn’t see any on the banana mango till Jan 9 the pictures I’m providing are from today mar 1 I’d like opinions on how far away they are from harvesting I have anxiety and depression problems I want a strong head high but enough body high to at the very least prevent any extra anxiety from research waiting for 25% or so of the trichomes to turn amber would be ideal for me something that’s worrying me though is the trichomes on the mango kush seemed to have stalled by which I mean in the last week in my opinion they haven’t gotten much milkier but the buds have been fattening significantly so maybe I don’t need to worry opinions advice I welcome all I should note I started flushing with molasses water a couple days ago

1. banana mango #1
    2. banana mango #2
    3-4 mango kush wide shot / nug shot
    numbers are from left to right like reading the 4 is second line
    Attached Files

Wow those look like ears of corn lovely so maybe little of 60days in bloom? I dig the strains just abit hard to judge from the lighting. From what i recall those are 65-70day blooming timeframes. Oh man that's ripening at it's finest fattening then i bet, i sure would clip a top or two just to test it out. My guess less than 10days if that.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn’t even know you could sample until reading your comment I think my 2 banana mangos are too small to sample but I’ll probably try a small nug from my kush

I’d say your nearing the peak of the harvest time. Those little (new) white hairs surrounded by all the (old) brown hairs....it’s a sign she’s in final push to reproduce. At this point, she is probably peak THC. Do you have a jewelers loop or some type of magnification to look at the trichs on the buds?
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      I have an old Swiss Army knife with the strongest little magnifying glass I’ve ever seen I’m blind as a bat and this thing let’s me see trichs crystal clear from what I can tell the trichs are 100% milky on the 2 banana mango but the trichs on the kush are much different only 60-70% are what I’d call milky the rest are in between clear and milky to varying degrees also they don’t seem to stick out as much and they seem to be more spread out I havent seen a single amber trich on any of them

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      YYCannabis, Yay for "The Final Push!"
      I didn't really understand it until I started getting serious about the Late Harvest plan and saw it for myself.

You described it perfectly and, as my friend BU2B says, "This is your plant’s last attempt at making sure it doesn't go without progeny. The flowers are swelling, and the plant is doing its best to ensure that if there are any boys at all out there, they know she is still available."

Agree with YY, use a loupe to see the trichomes on the bud.
    they look great btw
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Yes i do take ripe top cola buds leave lower to continue ripening you sure can remove the fruit clip a stem off. I got some hanging now cause i'm nearly out from last grow. These don't ripen same times always.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X