Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Tool Cleaner by experimenting

Wear gloves when cleaning.

Defoliating my plants the closer to harvest, using my 5 bonsai pruning scissors, got stickier and stickier. I like these scissors because as one gets gummed up I just grabbed another. They are also very good at getting into very, very tight places, like where the fan leaves meet the stem and are surrounded by those little sugar leaves. The tips of these slip right in and cut the stem barely disturbing any surrounding foliage.

Now when it came to cleanup 99% alcohol didn’t work, which was surprising since that can usually clean up most things for me. I tried a few other cleaners before grabbing my “goo” products. I like my Pro Goof Off the best but it was evaporating so fast, and my Goo Gone is less strong but stays on the tool until washed off. Both product are very different, like oil and vinegar. So I did a 50/50 mix into a 4 oz. wide mouth jar with lid and it nearly instantly sheds the goo. You can remove it from the liquid to work the cleaner into all parts by tool action.

CAUTION: I’ve worked with a lot of chemicals restoring cars since the 70s. Make sure you never mix chemicals that can create something dangerous!

Because they separate you must either shake the jar or stir vigorously with the tool.

Not the aerosol version.

Goof Off Pro - Liquid Form
    This is the one that evaporates quickly but works great.
    https://www.amazon.com/Goof-Off-FG65.../dp/B002MPPYYS

Goo Gone - Liquid Form
    This one is oil like and hold the products to the tool.
    https://www.amazon.com/Goo-Gone-Orig.../dp/B00006IBNJ

After the goo dissolves I wash my pruning scissors in hot soapy water and rinse in hot water to dry fast. Notice in the photos of the jar that the break line between the separated products is no longer 50/50. I had cleaned the 5 scissors a few times since first mixing and some of the Pro Goof Off has evaporated. So every so often you’ll need to add more of that keeping the mix at 50/50.

This mix works really fast.
    Last edited by MrPNW; 02-27-2021, 01:18 PM.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

I've had great results using just cheap acetone based scentless nail polish remover. Still got a few old bottles of goo gone and stuff kicking around the shop, I hate the slimy consistantcy of it, and takes forever to evaporate.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you insomniacss?

• dropinbiking
      dropinbiking commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it's good stuff. I'd use the actual gun wash that I use for cleaning my spray guns, but that stuff is pricey. Will clean a bong right quick though.

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      Acetone is one of many ingredients found in the Pro Goof Off, it is not found in Goo Gone. They are very different products. There is also a non-Pro Goof Off but I’ve never owned it.
      It seems mixing them got the best of both.

I use a board cutter to scrape off the hash and save it

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a insomniac but i don't go online or watch tv

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal You must remember who im talking about right? Is insomniacc out there still?

If by insomniac you mean I have trouble sleeping or don't sleep enough I would say no. If you mean irratic sleeping patterns than heck yes.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha no, i meant another member that usted to have a very similar avatar, never mind

Yes, excellent, chemistry while stoned! 🤔
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

9fingerleafs I do kinda remember that name? But here i am it's 0450 have not been online but up since 0130, full moon Oh yes and about the subject of this post..........70% iso is all i use.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I tried a bunch of different products and find that straight acetone works best for me.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X