Strange bud development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange bud development

Has anyone ever seen this before? Seems to be just a single branch on the entire plant that looks like this. I never seen this

What makes long thin buds grow on top of your regular buds? And when is fox-tailing perfectly normal? Also, why do new white pistils keep appearing on almost-done buds?

Comment

Looks like a foxtail - you must have really stressed out your plant about a week or so ago.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Not actually my plant. A friend sent me the pictures asking if I knew what was going on. Not sure what kind of stress this girl has been through but the rest of the plant looks relatively healthy. Doesn't look like typical foxtailing that I've seen before.

Comment

Tbh foxtailing was my first thought too. Just wasn't sure. I normally see foxtails growing out of buds. This one just grew separately

Comment

It does look like foxtailing. You're right, it is sort of weird and different that it's a branch growing out like that though. The plant is pissed off for some reason and it's giving you the finger Usually high heat causes foxtailing this but it looks like your headed in the right direction to figure it out, Good luck!
            Last edited by JeffInCanada; 02-27-2021, 09:46 PM.
            Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
            I like weed and science.

Comment

Never seen this kind of foxtails before . That’s a crazy branch for sure.
              high heat or intense light for too long can also make the foxtails.
              But still I never seen this before lol.
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree with the cap. It's extremely foxtaily and only in one spot it's crazy

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Right?
                I would have stressed my mind out if that happened to one of my plants lol. I would even cut it off I think

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah cut it off, prob sucking energy from othere buds

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X