Haircut Day for the Ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haircut Day for the Ladies

As I did the switch to 12/12 5 days ago, I consider my once girls to be ladies now as they begin their stretch to flowering. Luckily there are no men around, lol! They're from feminised seed; Critical Mass from ILGM in Amsterdam. Still as with my daughter when she became a woman, I felt a little emotional as I removed fan leaves to allow light to reach the lower bud sites. They really do become like our children I believe when we work so closely with them. Am I weird? I don't think so.

In about ten more days I will need to trim a bit more to keep them open. Don't want to take too much at one time.

Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Great work đź‘Ť
    Those lower sites will love the light. One thing with defoliating during flower is to always always always keep fan leaves that are out at the tips of the branches. They are the pumps that move sugars and hormones from the leaves>down the branches> through the roots> back up the branches> into bud sites.
    I’m also a little bit opposed to the “lollipop” method of defoliating. If you keep some fan leaves, not many but some, throughout the entire body of the plant, they become the “canary in the coal mine” if you have nute issues.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks YYCannabis, I totally agree! I have never liked the look of a "lollypopped" plant; it just doesn't "feel right", if you know what I mean. You may know already this is my first indoor grow but a lot of what I do is from intuition. I thoroughly studied the tutorials before I started but still do it my way if I think it better for my plants. I guess I've always been that way through a successful life and career. Anyway I'm quite happy with the way my ladies have developed through manifold and lst training without the limitations of scrog. All the tie downs are released now so they can stretch as they will. We will see what harvest brings!

Looking good! I agree, i make it just so that light can penetrate to lower sites, other than that they have plenty of leaves

Comment

Great job! Looks like you really nailed the training with that super wide flat canopy.

Comment

Great bones! You really trained them well. Today is plant bondage day for us. I hope I do as well

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X