X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrapping up the latest garden.

Lights are dark.
    Fans fall silent.
    The drone of the air pump finally hushed.

This garden started back in October with 2 WHite Widows, 1 Northern Lights, and 1 King’s Kush. The WW plants were the last to fall with one now mostly jarred, and the other still hanging to dry.

Yields:
    King’s Kush - 28g (1 oz)
    Northern Lights - 210g (7.3 oz)
    White Widow #1 (in progress) - 354g (12.5 oz) with more yet to get jarred...estimating another 60g (2 oz)
    White Widow #2 (in progress) - still in the drying tent. She is the smaller of the two. No current estimate of her yield.

To date: 592g (20.8 oz; 1.3lb)
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

That's a yield any of us would be proud of. That should keep you out of trouble for a few weeks. 😁
    You gonna do a smoke review? I'd love to know more about them.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, PL 😁 I should be “ out of trouble” for almost 2 yrs since my average consumption is only about 1 oz a month. But i have some family that enjoy the fruits of my labor and they quickly deplete my stash 😂 I also have some close friends who are struggling financially, so i give them some as well so they can still enjoy good smoke.
      In canada, a home grower can’t sell, barter, or trade goods/service for weed...so i just give it away. Last summer i gave away almost 500g (1 lb) to front line health care workers who were exhausted from the covid surge at hospitals.

Nice, on to the next grow!
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Soon 😁...maybe a couple of months, but certainly before summer gets here. I try to do some upgrades to my grow area after each garden finishes. This time around I’m going to be upgrading the heat/AC in the shed that my tent is in. I currently only have a 1500w heater tying to keep a 360sqft shed warm during winter, and no form of cooling for summer. So I’m going to install a split heat/AC unit to the shed.
      (I might also be adding Far-Red lights to the tent too)

**update**
    Final weigh-in for WW#1.....470g (16.6 oz) 🙂

So here’s a breakdown of the jars:
    28g (1 oz) from the top kola or “King Kola” (This will be my “private reserve” stock for special occasions)
    136g (4.8 oz) of what i call “Top shelf”...the large buds from the ends of prime branches. Great for nights when a little extra meds is needed. (Or numbing the pain watching the Blue Jays play)
    306g (10.8 oz) of popcorn and everyday consumption. (I call it EFAF: Everyday (smoke), Friends And Family.)

Not gunna lie...I’m f#ckin’ tickled pink with that yield. Beats any of my previous plants by 90g (3 oz).

WW#2 starts getting jarred tomorrow night.

Pic below is the 2 WWs. The big one on the left is WW#1. You can see the other one is not near as big

Comment

**final update**
      WW#2 is in the jar! She weighed in at 323g (11.4 oz)!!!

Final Yields:
      King’s Kush - 28g (1 oz)
      Northern Lights - 210g (7.3 oz)
      White Widow #1 - 470g (16.6 oz)
      White Widow #2 - 323g (11.4 oz)

Grand total = 1031g or 1.03Kg (36.3 oz or 2.25lb)

My lights are DIY build that totals 600 watts of lights. That gives me a yield of 1.7g/watt. I believe i can do better than that with these lights. The King’s Kush coming in at only 28g (1 oz) was a plant that struggled to get going. If i remove her from the total, and adjust the calculation for the amount of light she used at 180 watts, that leaves 420 watts was used for the other 3 plants. That would give me 2.3g/watt for a yield which is closer to what i expected (2.0g/watt) when i planned my lights.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X