https://www.growweedeasy.com/trimmin...e-after-drying

Related Survey: What do you use to dry?
    Wet Trim
    76.60%
    Dry Trim
    21.28%
    I don’t trim.
    2.13%
    Last edited by MrPNW; 03-09-2021, 08:37 PM.

Equipment
    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    1st Grow
    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Hit the wrong button! I agree with you, trimming when wet, just picked is easier!
    Can I change my vote 🤩

Comment

• MrPNW
      MrPNW commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not seeing the ability to delete answers. You should have just said you were stoned.

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm stoned.

I was thinking of hair cuts when hit button

Comment

• Sylvester
      Sylvester commented
      Editing a comment
      MrPNW Yes, I was pretty well stoned. Haircuts came to mind.. Oops.

Wet trimming always. Easier to get all the sugar leaves before they dry and curl into the bud.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I feel like dry trimming is better for me. I like to get as much of the leaf off as possible and it feels easier that way. I also like that it takes a little more time to dry. I got a bowl leaf trimmer that works pretty good on bigger buds, and a Cannabrush for everything else. Both cut off a lot of time on my meticulous trimming. And if I over dry it I just soak a stem (or a few) in water for a little while and it goes in the jar too until it's around 64-65%. That eliminates the Boveda packs that some say makes the weed taste different. I never noticed personally, but I stopped using them anyway.
      Attached Files

Comment

• grouchyoldman
        grouchyoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        FWIW, Two thumbs up for CannaBrush! I bought one on a lark after watching their videos and was delighted to see how well it worked on "Properly Dried" bud. Emphasis on the drying part, no good until the bud pop off with no strings.

If its low humidity dry trim and if high humidity wet trim.

Comment

Wet trim. I got tired of seeing beautiful, tiny crystals go flying everywhere when dry trimming.
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

As a person making a living from growing dank buds and selling them at a high price just for the quality; I personally have found that wet trimming diminishes the bud quality and smell. It dries not just quickly but the wrong way. It dries up from all the open tissue connected by the plants circulatory system. Meaning the branch looses water way too quickly. You need that moisture reservoir to keep the buds from drying to quickly.
          the same goes with trichomes. Leaves make a moisture cocoon that protects terpenes and trichomes from evaporating and drying the outer layer of the trichomes so quickly that it rips open and the trichome oxidizes and the terps fly out. Gotta mention I got full control of my drying room and keep at 60% rh 22-24C

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            If You loose a lot of trichomes during trimming the bud is too dry and you are not being careful enough. Trimming is easy, what's hard is drying the bud properly after a wey trim. Try both, wey trim a few colas and leaves other with leaves and trim after you Jared and the moisture is even, see what behsves better ,what smells better, wich one trastes better

• Rik
            Rik commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, thanks 9fingerleafs!

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with 9finger about the being careful with drying a wet trimmed plant. I just jarred a wet trim plant that was too moist to jar one day, but damn near bone dry the next.
            The reality is, losing trichs during dry trim amounts to f#ck-all in the grand scheme of things....maybe 0.001% of THC content.

I have never diminished my bud quality with a wet trimming compared to a dry trim. Nor the smell to be honest. As you say it must be your personal experience.
          Actually think wet trimmed buds look way better than buds that have been dry trimmed with half of all the sugar leaf stems in the bud still.
          If I’m losing my smell on the buds it’s not the trimming that is the problem, but the way you dry the buds.
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

wet trim, then I put it out on trays while I hang the buds to dry then I freeze it.
            If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

I live in the desert super low rh and leaving the leaves on while drying helps hold some moisture in. The leaves form over the buds after a few hours like a cocoon and I lay them out on stackable sweater drying racks (old days we used window screens) with a cover over them to trap more moisture. I saw someone drying inside cardboard boxes and it would hold the moisture in the smaller space and I'll have to experiment with it, we'll see???
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

wet trim, I leave about 40% of the sugar leaves so it dries slower.

Comment

If it’s your first time I’d recommend wet all day long. Haha you’ve got no idea what you’re in for if it’s your first time and you’ve got a nice yield. Give yourself a full day for it 😂

Comment

• YYCannabis
                    YYCannabis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One plant I’m just getting into jars now, took me and Mrs.YYC a total of 12 man-hours of trimming (over 3 evenings)...then the next plant was only 10 hrs of trimming. It’s the price you pay for large plants.

• MrPNW
                    MrPNW commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m a patient man who used to have a collection of 25 bonsai. I found it very therapeutic to sit with them and prune, wire, twist, bend, etc. hopefully I still got it. LOL

Dry trimmed 1st harvest and doing a little of both this time around. Trimmed fan and larger sugar leaves but left rest to extend dry time with 45-47 rH. I do worry about trichomes during dry trim though.
                  Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

I’ve been removing the fan leaves incrementally for a month now. Recently doing two of them on two different days this past week. Tonight I plan to doing the third one. You can see the third one in the rear right of this photo. I think this will reduce the amount of trim time. Also included is my Govee settings which the sensor is hanging above the canopy. I’m probably going to do the initial dry time in the tent since it appears to be maintaining an environment good for a slow dry. My house with all the Cadet heaters really dries out the rh this time of year. If need be I just picked up a small humidifier for my bedroom (dry throat) that I could put in the tent.

You can always see when I water (3-4 days) because the rh spikes. The low rh follows our weather. This time of year seems to pour one day and sunny/gray the next, with temps jumping between 40s to 20s.. I’m amazed how well the equipment keeps up considering.
                    Last edited by MrPNW; 02-24-2021, 04:28 PM.

Equipment
                    5x5x8 Gorilla Grow TentSpider Farmer SF4000AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
                    ———————————————————————————————————-
                    1st Grow
                    Started 01 Oct 2020 • Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 • Harvested 08 Mar 2021
                    Black Gold organic potting soilNature’s Living SoilCompost Tea using NLS
                    Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X