Max H2O2 concentration for post harvest WPM rinse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max H2O2 concentration for post harvest WPM rinse

I want to do a post harvest rinse for WPM. Checking online I've seen a whole range of numbers. Anyone used high concentrations of peroxide for a post harvest dip? I suppose I could dip a branch in pure 3% solution and see what happens.

Don't do it. You'll never be able to wash the taste out of it. Doesn't take much at all diluted in water, especially if you're doing a multi wash with any sort of baking soda or lemon juice.

Comment

I have done it before with no complaints. I'm just wondering at what point it causes damage, loss of taste Etc. I would think that a rinse in fresh water while still wet would prevent aftertaste.

Comment

Yes the final bucket wash should just be pure water.

Comment

Me, Myself and I toss any buds that are moldy, no wash removes the spores and burning doesn't kill them. Best to be safe!

Comment

I also remove any traces of wpm that are visible. But I know that I've missed some. Hence the rinse. Any mold/rot and the bud gets tossed.

Comment

Hydrogen peroxide breaks down into water and oxygen. Not a contamination concern. 2 H2O2 → 2 H2O + O2
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
                Hydrogen peroxide breaks down into water and oxygen. Not a contamination concern. 2 H2O2 → 2 H2O + O2
                Any idea how fast that happens?

Comment

Variable reaction rate, but not hard to induce. You've seen bubbles when it contacts blood? It is somewhat unstable as it will degrade from heat and light. That is why it is kept in a brown container. Now if you are using it on live plants, it may cause some burning if you use to high a concentration. May cause some dark spots on leaves. I dilute 1:4 for spraying on plants. If you are using on harvested plants, not a problem.
                  Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X